Salesforce.com's services receive GSA moderate level Authority to Operate
Hundreds of government organizations, including more than half of U.S. federal cabinet-level departments, have already adopted salesforce.com's services
Marc Benioff co-chairs the TechAmerica Foundation's Commission on the Leadership Opportunity in U.S. Deployment of the Cloud (CLOUD2)
Vivek Kundra, U.S. Chief Information Officer, and Neelie Kroes, European Commission Vice President for the Digital Agenda, will present at Dreamforce 2011
WASHINGTON - CLOUDFORCE 2011 - Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the enterprise cloud computing (http://www.salesforce.com/cloudcomputing/) company, today announced the rapid adoption of its trusted cloud computing technologies by government organizations. In addition, the company also announced that salesforce.com's services have received U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) moderate level Authority to Operate,consistent with Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) requirements. Now, government customers are able to leverage salesforce.com's proven and trusted cloud computing services for more of their operations, all without any hardware or software.
Comments on the News
- "Salesforce.com sees a tremendous opportunity for the government to harness the power of cloud computing," said Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO, salesforce.com. "We are delivering the same customer success to the public sector that we have brought to the private sector over the last 12 years."
- "The benefits the U.S. government stands to gain from secure enterprise public clouds are enormous. The Commission on the Leadership Opportunity in U.S. Deployment of the Cloud (CLOUD2) will help advance cloud computing in the public sector," said Vivek Kundra, U.S. Chief Information Officer.
Salesforce.com is Delivering Customer Success to Government
- Salesforce.com's Services Receive GSA Moderate Level
Authority to Operate
Salesforce.com has received the Authority to Operate at
the moderate level baseline for the Force.com platform,
Salesforce CRM, Salesforce Chatter, and supporting
infrastructure. The certification is based on testing
performed against the NIST 800-53 Rev. 3 moderate
baseline requirements consistent with FISMA
requirements. Now, US federal government customers
looking to leverage the power of cloud computing can
rely on salesforce.com's services to address even more
of their IT needs.
- Government Adoption: More than Half of U.S. Cabinet
Agencies Have Deployed Salesforce
The Obama Administration's Cloud First policy is driving
government adoption of cloud computing, and hundreds of
government agencies are turning to salesforce.com. In
fact, more than half of U.S. cabinet-level agencies
including the U.S. Department of State have already
adopted salesforce.com's cloud computing technologies
to deliver a broad range of services from grants
management to electronic medical records and
constituent-facing websites to contact centers. State
and local government agencies, like New Jersey Transit,
Arlington Economic Development and Chicago Housing
Authority, have also seen tremendous success with
- Marc Benioff Co-Chairs TechAmerica's CLOUD2 Commission
The TechAmerica Foundation formed the CLOUD2 Commission
to provide the Obama Administration with
recommendations for how government should deploy cloud
technologies and to help drive public policies that
will deliver U.S. innovation in the cloud. Marc Benioff
serves as co-chairman of the commission, which is made
up of 71 experts from the public and private sector.
- Government Leaders to Keynote at Dreamforce
Vivek Kundra, U.S. Chief Information Officer, and Neelie
Kroes, European Commission Vice President for the
Digital Agenda, will be speaking at Dreamforce 2011,
the industry's largest cloud computing event.
Salesforce.com's ninth annual user and developer
conference, Dreamforce, will be held at Moscone
Convention Center in San Francisco, August 30 -
September 2, 2011. To register, please visit http://
Salesforce.com: Proven Path to Success with Cloud Computing
With more than 97,700 customers, salesforce.com is the leader in customer relationship management, enterprise social collaboration and custom application development in the cloud. Salesforce.com provides organizations the fastest path to success because they don't have to buy or manage hardware, software or infrastructure.
Salesforce.com's multitenant architecture enables all customers - no matter what size or where they are located - to leverage a shared infrastructure. The multitenant design also means salesforce.com runs significantly fewer servers and consumes less energy than on-premise systems or private clouds. According to WSP Environment & Energy(1), salesforce.com's multitenant cloud computing architecture is on average 95% more carbon efficient than on-premise systems and 64% more efficient than private clouds.
- For more information on salesforce.com's work with the government, please visit: www.salesforce.com/industries/public-sector/
- Follow @salesforce on Twitter
- Visit salesforce.com's Facebook fan page at
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/Salesforce
Salesforce.com is the enterprise cloudcomputing company that has transformed the way companies collaborate and communicate. Salesforce.com is leading the effort to bring Cloud 2, the next paradigm for computing, to the enterprise by offering its customers the social collaboration, mobility and openness that are the hallmark of this new world. The company's platform and application services include:
- Salesforce Chatter, a private social network for your enterprise
- The Sales Cloud, for sales force automation and contact management
- The Service Cloud, for customer service and support solutions
- Radian6, for social media monitoring and engagement
- The Jigsaw Data Cloud, for data integrity and quality
- The Force.com platform, for custom application development
- Heroku, for building social and mobile apps in Ruby
- The AppExchange, the world's leading marketplace for enterprise cloud computing applications
Salesforce.com offers the fastest path to customer success with cloud computing. As of April 30, 2011, salesforce.com manages customer information for approximately 97,700 customers including Allianz Commercial, Dell, Japan Post, Kaiser Permanente, KONE, and SunTrust Banks.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
Copyright © 2011 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. Salesforce and the "no software" logo are registered trademarks of salesforce.com, inc., and salesforce.com owns other registered and unregistered trademarks. Other names used herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
(1) Based on the results of a study salesforce.com commissioned with WSP Environment & Energy. For more information on salesforce.com and sustainability, visit www.salesforce.com/sustainability.
CONTACT: Phil Novack of salesforce.com, +1-415-836-8737, firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site: www.salesforce.com