Rochester, NY — As the industry’s Total Gear Solutions Provider, Gleason will introduce advanced machines, tooling, and global customer support services covering a wide array of processes for the complete production and inspection of all types of bevel and cylindrical gears at GEAR EXPO 2015, October 20-22 at the Cobo Center in Detroit, Michigan. On display at booth #1017 will be:
• The Genesis® 200GX Threaded Wheel Grinding Machine - an innovative platform for automotive gearbox parts and more. The 200GX is our latest addition to the highly popular Genesis® series and offers many features. The two spindle concept combines maximum productivity with minimized idle and set up times. Fast, easy software-guided setup of the machine allows you to set up your machine from one workpiece to another in just 20 minutes using only one tool. "First Part Cycle" - fully automatic workflow after setup until grinding the first workpieces and the ability to interface with Gleason GMS® machines via QR codes increase productivity. Easily accessible machine components make maintenance simple and efficient while standard dimension grinding wheels and dressing tools allow you to use your existing tools. All of this in an energy efficient small footprint machine designed to meet the needs of customers in high-productivity high-quality environments.
• The Gleason 300GMS®P Analytical Gear Inspection System - designed to operate in production environments while yielding reliable measurement results. A unique patent-pending base design includes an active leveling system to attenuate a broad spectrum of normal production environment vibrations, yielding measurement values in parallel with those achieved in controlled calibration laboratories, but without the delay of having to move to the lab location.
Thermal fluctuations normally associated with shop floor environments are proactively compensated for as well, allowing for the best possible and most reliable inspection results. The system identifies and applies a compensation for factory floor influences in real time.
The 300GMS®P Analytical Gear Inspection System is designed and tested to perform as a turn-key gear inspection system in the manufacturing environment, and is the solution to reliable, accurate, gear inspection for today’s demanding applications in aerospace, automotive, and smaller power transmission industries.
Visitors to Gleason Booth #1017 will also be introduced to a number of other significant products, technologies and services, including:
• The industry’s most complete line of gear cutting tool solutions. Gleason is the industry’s leading supplier of virtually every cutting tool type for the production of cylindrical and bevel gears of all types and sizes. For cylindrical gear production, visitors will find a full array of hobs, form relieved milling cutters, solid carbide hobs, shaper cutters, chamfering and deburring tools, shaving cutters, honing tools, coated diamond and CBN grinding wheels, diamond dressing wheels and diamond dressing rolls. Visitors will have the opportunity to learn more about our recent advancements in gear hobbing technology including G90, our tooling material which closes the performance gap between HSS materials and tungsten carbide. Visitors will also find an assortment of Power Skiving tools and learn how Gleason is the total source for supporting this process.
Our bevel cutting tool display will feature advanced new bevel gear cutting tools for cutting and grinding straight, spiral and hypoid bevel gears. Of particular note is the Pentac®Plus -RT which can be built faster and more precisely than stick blade cutter systems of the past. With blade seating stiffness equal to the high stiffness of our Pentac®Plus, this new system offers superior surface finish, tool life and cycle time.
• Advanced workholding solutions. Gleason designs and produces a complete range of quick-change, tool-less workholding equipment for bevel gear, cylindrical gear and non-Gleason production machines. These systems significantly reduce set-up and change-over times for gearing applications up to 600 mm in diameter. Quik-Flex® Plus, Gleason’s next generation of modular, quick-change workholding systems which requires a single tool, less time and minimal operator experience will be on display for the first time at Gear Expo. We invite you to stop by and see for yourself how easy it is to change these components.
Also on display will be our line of hydraulic workholding solutions. The holding force, extreme accuracy and contamination free design are well suited for dry gear processing applications. In addition, our stir-able modular workholding designs allow off spindle assembly and truing to reduce changeover time as well as the amount of total runout in the fixture.
• Gleason Global Services. Gleason customers can rely on our factory trained service professionals located throughout the Americas, Europe, and Asia, working around the clock to deliver the full range of aftermarket service and support capabilities including service programs for preventive maintenance, machine inspection, troubleshooting and repair and machine relocations. Learn about our complete range of machine rebuilding and re-controls now offered for all types of Gleason machines. In many instances this work can be completed right in the customer’s factory in less than two weeks. Gleason is also the leading source of education for gear technology. We will be promoting our customer training classes which offer a full range of courses and education forums ranging from the beginner to the most advanced user covering all aspects of gear design, production and inspection.
• Gleason Plastic Gears. Offering plastic gear design and injection molded plastic gears including helical gears, spur gears, planetary gears, internal gears Gleason Plastic Gears provides customers with the benefit of a plastic gear with no weld-line for a stronger, more accurate, and economical drive train, eliminating the additional expense of secondary machining. We will display some of our most recent innovations and have experts available to answer any plastic gear related question.
• Distech Systems - specializing in the design and manufacture of factory automation systems serving a variety of customers in the automotive and other industries. Combining customized automation technology with Gleason products for gear (and non-gear) production allows us to provide a more complete product for our customers.
Come visit us at Gear Expo and help us continue our 150th anniversary celebration. Help us recognize our employees and importantly our customers for their loyalty and support of our company over so many years.
Gleason Corporation’s mission is to be The Total Gear Solutions Provider™ to its global customer base. Gleason is a leader in the development, manufacture and sale of gear production machinery and related equipment. The Company’s products are used by customers in automotive, truck, aircraft, agriculture, mining, energy, construction, power tool and marine industries and by a diverse set of customers serving various industrial equipment markets. Gleason has manufacturing operations in the United States, Germany, Switzerland, India, China and Japan, and has sales and service offices throughout North and South America, Europe and in the Asia-Pacific region. More information about Gleason Corporation is available at http://www.gleason.com