Press Release Summary:
Portable PULSAR Single-Gas Detector can be worn inside or outside pocket, or on belt or helmet. It has triple alarm system, with audio, vibrating and visual alarms, and is able to display highest gas concentration to which it has been exposed. Detector is available in 3 versions for detecting CO, H2S or O2. With maintenance-free, 24-month service life, it requires no calibration adjustment and no sensor or battery replacement.
Original Press Release:
MSA PULSAR(TM) Single-Gas Detector Features Peak Readings
The PULSAR Single-Gas Detector, MSA's newest portable single-gas monitor, now features peak reading capability in its H2S model. With peak reading, the PULSAR instrument is able to display the highest gas concentration to which it has been exposed. This new feature makes the PULSAR Detector for H2S especially suitable for oil and gas industry applications.
With a maintenance-free, 24-month service life, the PULSAR Detector requires no calibration adjustment and no sensor or battery replacement. Due to its unique design and competitive price, the PULSAR Detector is the clear choice in single-gas detectors.
The PULSAR Detector is available in three versions, for detecting CO, H2S or 02. It is designed for use in petrochemical, chemical, construction, utility and many other industrial environments.
Other key features of the PULSAR Single-Gas Detector include:
* Spring and suspension clips are standard-keeping the unit attached during even the roughest use. The unit can be worn inside or outside a pocket, as well as on the belt or helmet.
* A long-life lithium battery offers 33% more capacity than the competition.
* A numeric display with characters 4x larger than the competition allows users to count down service life from 24 months with accuracy and confidence.
* Because the PULSAR Single-Gas Detector has a built-in gas-delivery adapter, no easy-to-misplace accessories are needed to conduct gas-response tests.
* MSA's patented stainless steel Button Cell sensors with solid electrolyte construction contain no liquid, eliminating the possibility of sensor leakage.
* A triple alarm system, complete with audio, vibrating and visual alarms, leaves no doubt for the user in an alarm situation.
The PULSAR Single-Gas Detector is a product of MSA's Instrument Division. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA. MSA is dedicated to the innovative design, engineering and manufacture of gas detection instruments and sensors.