Press Release Summary:
Featuring programming, optimization and simulation for subtractive manufacturing, ESPRIT® Additive Suite Software provides complete control of additive manufacturing process. Unit is suitable for direct metal deposition machines and 3D powder bed fusion systems. Product is compatible with native 3D CAD files. ESPRIT® app for direct metal deposition comes with trajectories and full-spectrum toolpaths. Suite Software for 3D powder bed fusion system features Part-to-Build™ workflow and additive process control app.
Original Press Release:
DP Technology Announces Premiere of ESPRIT® Additive Suite at EMO
Designed to simplify the additive manufacturing process from 3D CAD model to printed part, the ESPRIT Additive Suite will feature programming, optimization and simulation for direct metal deposition, 3D powder bed, and subtractive manufacturing.
DP Technology today announced the world premiere of the ESPRIT® Additive Suite - a comprehensive 3D printing solution that delivers high levels of efficiency and accuracy, while simplifying the time-consuming additive manufacturing process into a few easy steps. The ESPRIT® Additive Suite delivers machine-optimized job files and complete control of the additive manufacturing process for both direct metal deposition machines and 3D powder bed fusion systems. The software will make its debut at EMO Hannover, September 18-23, with general end-user availability expected in mid-2018.
“This decade has been characterized by the widespread, mainstream use of 5-axis machining processes, but we are about to enter the decade of additive: within 10 years, we anticipate that 10 percent of machines will have additive capabilities,” says Chuck Mathews, chief technology officer and executive vice president at DP Technology. “We are redefining the meaning of ‘full-spectrum’ with the ESPRIT® Additive Suite, which provides a new workflow and new process for a new class of machines, both additive and hybrid.”
Direct metal deposition
For hybrid machine tools - CNC machines with additive capabilities - the ESPRIT® Additive app for direct metal deposition offers integrated programming and simulation for multi-tasking, multi-function, multi-channel additive and subtractive machine tools, all integrated within the ESPRIT® CAM system. Features of the ESPRIT® Additive Suite for direct metal deposition tools include:
- Specialized trajectories for additive processes and full-spectrum toolpaths for subtractive processes
- Simulation and verification for both additive and subtractive processes
- Universal post processing for any CNC machine tool
3D powder bed fusion
The ESPRIT® Additive app for 3D powder bed fusion systems is a versatile printer driver that supports the full process of additive manufacturing, from orienting the part and creating supports, to optimizing the build, slicing and nesting, to generating a job file. Features of the ESPRIT® Additive app for 3D powder bed fusion systems include:
- A new Part-to-Build™ workflow: To manufacture a part, a 3D CAD file is combined with manufacturing information and converted into a job file containing all the information necessary to build a part on a specific machine. The ESPRIT® Part-to-Build™ workflow - essentially a portable, reusable print driver - allows an intermediary Part-to-Build™ file to be created and reused in other job files without redefining the manufacturing information. This creates traceability, saves time and improves consistency.
- Knowledge Management enables interactive problem-solving and ongoing knowledge sharing with other members of the manufacturing community - fostering process improvement and enhanced decision-making through the use of automated rules and best practices.
- An additive process control app allows seamless information sharing among multiple users within a company. The app stores information including original 3D CAD files, Part-to-Build™ files and job files, as well as post-build information, such as user comments, build results and machine log files.
- Thermal simulation of the build process to foresee potential part distortion
- Optimized nesting for multi-part builds
Both the ESPRIT® Additive Suite apps for direct metal deposition machines and 3D powder bed systems feature the ability to work directly with native 3D CAD files. And, like ESPRIT® CAM systems, the Additive Suite is backed by full-time support from ESPRIT-certified application engineers.
To learn more about the ESPRIT® Additive Suite, please visit DP Technology at EMO, September 18-23, at Hannover Fairgrounds Hall 25, Stand D25. More information is available at www.espritadditive.com.
About DP Technology Corp.
DP Technology Corp. is a leading developer and supplier of computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) systems. ESPRIT®, DP Technology's flagship product, is a powerful, high-performance, full-spectrum programming system for milling, turning, wire EDM, multi-tasking machine tools and metal additive manufacturing. ESPRIT® and its support personnel embody DP Technology's passion for excellence and vision of technology's potential.
DP Technology reinforces its commitment to technical excellence by dedicating nearly 20 percent of its annual revenue to ongoing research and product development. This long-term focus has produced powerful technological innovations that have placed ESPRIT in an industry-leading position since its market launch in 1985.
By leveraging its vast experience with CAM systems, as well as its extensive R&D infrastructure, DP Technology continues its commitment to excellence and to delivering the world-class technical support that is the hallmark of DP Technology and ESPRIT® software. For additional information about DP Technology and ESPRIT®, call +1 805 388 6000, email email@example.com, or visit www.espritcam.com
DP Technology Europe
rue du Mas Verchant
Phone: +33 467 15 40 41
Fax: +33 467 64 99 41