GRUNDY CENTER, IA – ELM Inc announced it has earned the USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) Certified Biobased Product Label for ten products. The USDA Certified Biobased Product Label verifies that the products' amount of renewable biobased ingredients meets or exceeds levels set by USDA. Biobased products are finished or intermediate materials composed in whole or in significant part of renewable hydrocarbon from agricultural, forestry, or marine ingredients. ELM has had many biopreferred certified products; but the current listing is due to renewed formulations.
The following ELM Inc products earned the USDA Certified Biobased Product Label:
• ELM Food and Machinery NLGI #2 Grease with 96% biobased content
• ELM Multipurpose Lubricant Penetrant (Aerosol Mechanical Sprays) with 95% biobased content
• ELM Penetrating Fluid Penetrant (Aerosol & Mechanical Sprays) with 86% biobased content
• ELM Moly EP NLGI Grade #2 Grease with 84% biobased content
• ELM Marine Grease NLGI Grade #2 with 62% biobased content
• ELM Food Grade Chain & Cable Lubricant with 98% biobased content
• ELM White Lithium NLGI Grade #2 Grease with 86% biobased content
• ELM EP Plus NLGI Grade #2 Grease with 93% biobased content
• ELM Tempflex™ 35-160 Rail Curve Grease with 85% biobased content
• ELM Tempflex™ 0-100 Rail Curve Grease with 75% biobased content
All biobased amount claims are verified by independent labs and monitored by the USDA. These products meet the growing demand for environmentally-friendly products and improve customer loyalty and good will. A wide range of products and packaging is available including: tubes, quarts, gallons, 5 gallon pails, and 55 gallon drums. ELM's line of innovative industrial lubricants and greases are suitable for a wide range of applications. Their formulating benefits range from low flash points to low pour point with oxidative stability and biodegradable.
"We at ELM continue to promote the use of biobased products and support the USDA Certified Biobased Product Labeling Program," said Dr. Lou Honary, ELM Chairman and President. "ELM's USA-produced products project a positive image showing concern for our environment and U.S. farmers."
More information and product samples can be requested through ELM's website:
About USDA BioPreferred
The USDA BioPreferred program was created by the Farm Security and Rural Investment Act of 2002 (2002 Farm Bill), and expanded by the Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008 (2008 Farm Bill).The purpose is to increase the purchase and use of biobased products. The United States Department of Agriculture manages the program. Products that meet the USDA BioPreferred program requirements carry a distinctive label for easier identification by the consumer. To learn more about the USDA Certified Biobased Product Label please visit www.biopreferred.gov.
About ELM Inc – www.elmusa.com
Environmental Lubricants Manufacturing, Inc is the leading provider of biobased lubricants and greases in the United States. These products are based on exclusive Biotechbased™ technology, formulated with renewable, biodegradable USA-grown vegetable oils. These lubricants and greases are environmentally friendly and meet or exceed industry standards.
Scott Jones, Vice President