PITTSBURGH – Power management company Eaton, a 2015 ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year, will showcase its innovative and energy-savings solutions for the residential building and construction industry at the 2015 PCBC trade show on June 24 and 25 in San Diego, California, booth 917. Taking place at the San Diego Convention Center, the PCBC show is the largest homebuilding trade show representing the West Coast region and Eaton’s extensive lighting, wiring devices and other home building products will be on display.
Visitors to Eaton’s exhibition booth can get a better look into the development of LED lighting – exploring how it has evolved, why it has become the optimal solution throughout the home and the cost and maintenance savings generated by LED products. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio of LED products, Eaton will showcase the innovative Halo® ALLSLOPE LED downlight system for slope ceiling applications, as well as numerous ENERGY STAR® certified and code-compliant recessed downlights, surface-mounted products, undercabinet and track lighting luminaires.
”Today’s energy codes continue to raise lighting standards on the West Coast and throughout the nation, increasing the demand for products and solutions that deliver advanced performance and energy savings,” said Glenn Siegel, director, Marketing and Product Management, Eaton’s Lighting Division. “Eaton will continue to help the building community adhere to the changing energy landscape, and the PCBC show will once again give us the opportunity to demonstrate our leadership.”
In addition to energy-efficient lighting solutions, show attendees will also be able to see a number of residential and wiring device solutions including:
• The Anyplace RF battery-operated switch enables homeowners and contractors to install a switch anywhere in the home without installing additional wiring.
• The Aspire RF wireless control is a customizable, energy-saving solution. This radio frequency-based system includes one-touch controllers and a wide range of wiring devices, enabling homeowners and contractors to create an integrated home control network.
• The Type CH Plug-on Neutral Loadcenters and Circuit Breakers enable the contractor to connect the breaker directly to the neutral bar, eliminating the need for wiring a pigtail and providing a time savings of up to 25 percent per AFCI and GFCI installation.
• Eaton’s Solar Power Centers combine both utility power and solar photovoltaic (PV) power into one enclosure panel and feature industry-exclusive, factory-installed, code-compliant markings, enabling installers quick and easy identification of product ratings and location of the parallel energy source disconnect.
• Eaton’s Complete Home Surge Protection product offering protects homeowners’ appliances and sensitive electronic equipment throughout the home during a surge and simply installs at the breaker box.
• The AF/GF circuit interrupters were developed in response to the 2014 National Electrical Code that now requires AFCI protection in kitchens and laundry areas as well as the historical requirement of ground fault protection.
• The AFCI receptacles are designed to recognize an arc fault and quickly trip to stop the flow of electricity to prevent the electrical system from being an ignition source of a fire.
“Our Anyplace RF switch brings the ultimate in flexibility and convenience, allowing a switch to quickly be installed where one doesn’t exist without running wire,” said John Krause, senior manager, Eaton’s Wiring Devices Division. “In addition, our wide range of wireless control solutions empower homeowners with the ability to easily design their own control system while offering energy savings, safety and convenience to suit their personal needs.”
For additional information on the Eaton solutions to be featured at PCBC, visit www.eaton.com, www.eaton.com/lighting and www.eaton.com/wiringdevices.
Eaton delivers a range of innovative and reliable indoor and outdoor lighting solutions, as well as controls products specifically designed to maximize performance, energy efficiency and cost savings. Eaton lighting solutions serve customers in the commercial, industrial, retail, institutional, residential, utility and other markets.
Eaton’s electrical business is a global leader with expertise in power distribution and circuit protection; backup power protection; control and automation; lighting and security; structural solutions and wiring devices; solutions for harsh and hazardous environments; and engineering services. Eaton is positioned through its global solutions to answer today’s most critical electrical power management challenges.
Eaton is a power management company with 2014 sales of $22.6 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 102,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
Contact Mark Horner