Press Release Summary:
Optimizing configuration and management of VDI environments, vSpace Server 6.5 includes Create Once, Replicate Multiple Times feature, which uses configuration profile of one access device to automate all other access device configurations. IT managers can remotely view and control user sessions via Remote Session Control feature that can be deployed on permission/no-permission basis. For multimedia applications, program offers optimized audio quality and support for compatible microphones.
Original Press Release:
NComputing Demolishes Economic and Performance Limitations of VDI
REDWOOD CITY, California, --
- Delivers the Simplest, Incredibly Powerful and Most Affordable VDI Solution
- Delivers up to 100 user Sessions per Operating System
NComputing [http://www.ncomputing.com ], the global leader in end-to-end desktop virtualization solutions, today announced breakthroughs in the performance and economics of VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructures) with the release of vSpace Server 6.5 desktop virtualization software. vSpace Server 6.5 delivers a host of industry firsts including the ability to support up to 100 users on a single operating system, reduce physical host servers by 75%, and radically improve configuration and management of VDI environments. VDI deployment is now possible at a fraction of the initial and on-going cost of a traditional PC desktop computing environment.
The user density breakthrough in vSpace Server 6.5 delivers a three-fold increase in the number of virtual desktop sessions that can be hosted on a single OS, compared to previous versions. It also allows IT and network managers to significantly reduce the number of hardware hosts, OSs and VMs needed in a virtual desktop architecture, thus delivering the most affordable VDI solution per seat on the market.
Said NComputing CEO Raj Dhingra, "Cost and complexity are the biggest barriers to VDI adoption. Our customers told us they wanted immediate ROI on their VDI deployments, the ability to scale faster and more easily, greater manageability and improved security. Our customers asked. We delivered." He concluded, "vSpace Server 6.5 is the simplest, incredibly powerful and most affordable VDI solution in the market today. This new software combined with NComputing client devices powered by the Numo(TM) system-on-chip technology enables a superior user experience at the lowest cost per seat. NComputing continues to pioneer innovation that will accelerate PC replacement cycles and it will allow businesses and educational institutions to deploy desktop computing where previously it had not been viable for reasons of economics or management and support."
Additional features available through NComputing vSpace Server 6.5
- Automated Deployment: Thousands of virtual desktops can now be configured and deployed in hours rather than days or weeks. A 'create once; replicate multiple times' feature uses the configuration profile of one access device to automate all other access device configurations in the environment. With this new feature, setting up 100 NComputing thin clients is as easy as setting up 1, saving customers deployment time as well as maintenance cycles.
- Enhanced IT Support: IT managers can now remotely view as well as control user sessions via a Remote Session Control feature that can be deployed on a permission or no-permission basis. Trouble tickets can be resolved easily and quickly, a win-win for the user and IT support staff.
- More of the PC experience users expect: Enhanced audio quality and support for compatible microphones makes running multimedia applications such as Skype even easier and more enjoyable.
- Windows 7 32 bit support: NComputing now delivers the broadest platform support of any desktop virtualization vendor including Windows Server 2008 R2/2003, Windows MultiPoint Server 2011/10, Windows 7 64/32 bit, Windows XP, and Ubuntu 10.04.
NComputing vSpace Server 6.5 is available immediately. The company's products and solutions are available from leading IT distributors and resellers worldwide.
NComputing, Inc. is the fastest growing desktop virtualisation company in the world with over 20 million daily users in 140 countries. The company's award-winning, patented technology lowers desktop computing costs, improves manageability, and reduces both energy consumption and e-waste. It is the perfect solution for leveraging the power and potential of PCs and cloud computing. To learn more about NComputing, visit www.ncomputing.com.