Press Release Summary:
All 6 dataTaker DT8x data loggers are available with dEX web-based software for configuration, data monitoring, and retrieving data. Working with loggers connected remotely via Ethernet or locally via USB, software also offers customizable interface, security settings, and help screens. Data loggers feature universal analog inputs for TC, RTD, thermistors, strain, voltage, resistance, and current as well as DIO, counters, SDI-12, and serial sensor interfaces.
Original Press Release:
The Next Generation in Data Logging Software
CAS Data Loggers announce the release of dEX web-based software for the dataTaker DT8x family of data loggers. CHESTERLAND, OH CAS Data Loggers is excited to announce the release of dEX for the dataTaker DT8x family of data loggers. dEX is a complete web based software package for configuring, monitoring and retrieving data from the dataTaker logging systems. No special PC software is required to utilize this package. All communication and information is accessed via a standard web browser such as Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox. dEX software works well with loggers that may be connected remotely via Ethernet or locally via USB. The new dEX user interface provides three main functions: 1. Configuration: Setup and configuration allows users to define sampling schedules, measurement types and alarm settings for the dataTaker logging systems. Configuration settings may be saved and restored to the logger or the local computer. Functions are also available to monitor the logger status and interactively execute commands. 2. Data Monitoring: The monitor function provides real-time displays of current measure values in numeric and meter indicators along with historical data in charts. All data is downloadable for future reference. 3. Interface Customization: The software allows the user to customize the look of the interface, configure security settings, set up or add in help screens, and enable or disable user preferred menus. dEX is compatible with all current DT8x data loggers. These loggers, available in several different models, feature universal analog inputs for TC, RTD, thermistors, strain, voltage, resistance and current plus digital I/O's, counters, SDI-12 and serial sensor interfaces. The DT8x data loggers can record up to 10 Million data points in internal memory. A convenient USB memory stick interface facilitates transfer of data and programs for units in the field where a computer is not available. The DT8x family of data loggers includes 6 models:
- DT80 - 5-15 analog inputs, serial, USB and Ethernet
- DT80G - 5-15 analog inputs, support for vibrating wire strain gauges, serial, USB and Ethernet
- DT81 - 1-3 analog inputs, serial, USB and Ethernet
- DT82E - 2-6 analog inputs, serial and Ethernet, low power
- DT85 - 16-48 analog inputs, serial, USB and Ethernet
- DT80G - 16-48 analog inputs, support for vibrating wire strain gauges, serial, USB and Ethernet These loggers are used in various applications in manufacturing, R&D, remote site monitoring, testing and environmental monitoring to measure temperature, humidity, pressure, flow, wind speed, solar radiation and many other parameters. With support for vibrating wire strain gauges, the G models are well suited for civil engineering projects in monitoring tunnels, bridges, dams and other structures. DT8x data loggers start at less than $1500 with the dEX software included. dEX is also available as a free upgrade for all existing Series 2 DT8x loggers. Contact Information: CAS DataLoggers, Inc. 12628 Chillicothe Road Chesterland, Ohio 44026 (440) 729-2570 (800) 956-4437 email@example.com www.dataloggerinc.com About CAS DataLoggers CAS DataLoggers is a distributor of data loggers, paperless recorders and data acquisition equipment. They sell directly to end users and also work through a network of distributors and resellers throughout the United States, Canada, Central and South America. The engineers at CAS DataLoggers can provide assistance in selecting the appropriate product for the application, recommend sensors and transducers and provide technical support. Other services available include on-site installation, wiring and packaging, engineering and design. With more that 20 years experience in manufacturing data logging systems, dataTaker has over 35,000 units installed worldwide at a broad range of customers including public utilities, industrial, scientific and educational institutions.