Press Release Summary:
Data Import for PostgreSQL v3.0 can import data from MS Access, DBF, TXT, and CSV files as well as MS Excel 97-2007, MS Word 2007, HTML, Generic XML, and ODF (Text and Spreadsheet) files. Import of data from text files containing tab symbols as separator is enabled, and native method of import includes algorithms for single commands and batch insert. Along with Unicode support, program offers short field type description next to field names that appear in different lists.
Original Press Release:
Data Import for PostgreSQL v.3.0 Released
EMS Database Management Solutions is pleased to announce new version of EMS Data Import, a powerful tool to import your data quickly from MS Excel 97-2007, MS Access, DBF, XML, TXT, CSV, MS Word 2007, ODF and HTML files.
What's new in Data Import version 3.0
1. The new "Native" method of import is added which includes two algorithms - Single Commands and Batch Insert.
2. Import from new formats is available now: MS Excel 2007, MS Word 2007, HTML,Generic XML, Open Document Format (Open Document Text and Open Document Spreadsheet).
3. Unicode support.
4. Now there is a short field type description next to field names that appear in different lists. This option is enabled by default. When necessary, it can be disabled from ToolsPreferences.
5. Utility source code significantly optimized, work speed increased.
6. Ability to import data from text files containing TAB symbols as a separator is added.
7. Other small improvements and bugfixes.
We hope you'll enjoy working with our products!
Contact Name: Vlad Pudovkin
Organization: EMS Database Management Solutions, Inc