Press Release Summary:
Featuring fully enclosed, small form factor design, Model SGC-200 provides 2 amplified voltage outputs proportional to current sensed across internal, non-inductive sense resistor. Amplified voltage output allows for current waveform pick-up, while low-pass filtered voltage output provides average current of pulsed load. Readily interfaced to PC data acquisition systems, PLCs, and control systems, amplifier can be placed in-line with existing installations to provide immediate measurement data.
Original Press Release:
Applied Processor and Measurement, Inc. Announces the Model SGC-200 Current Sense Amplifier
for PWM solenoid current measurement applications.
East Amherst, NY, - Applied Processor and Measurement, Inc. announces the release of the Model SGC-200 Current Sense Amplifier. The SGC-200 is intended for PWM solenoid applications where an average current measurement is desired. The Model SGC-200 provides two amplified voltage outputs proportional to the current sensed across an internal, non-inductive sense resistor. One output is an amplified voltage output allowing for current waveform pick-up, the other a low-pass filtered voltage output which provides an average current of a pulsed load. The filtered output can also be used for any pulsed signal application such as actuators and small DC stepper motors used in automotive and commercial applications. The SGC-200 is readily interfaced to PC data acquisition systems, PLC’s and control systems and can be placed in-line with existing installations to provide immediate measurement data. Product is available to ship now.
Features of the Model SGC-200 Current Sense Amplifier
• current measurement of PWM solenoids, pulsed loads
• internal non-inductive current sense resistor
• two outputs: filtered for average current and unfiltered for waveform
• triple isolated: load to power to output, powered by nominal 12V DC
• two models: SGC-200 adjustable gain and low-pass filter cutoff, and SGC-200A with fixed gain and filter, ideal for 0 to 2.5A PWM applications
• user gain, filter, current sense resistor configurations available on request
• I/O connection using screw-down, terminal strips
• applications: solenoids, valves, actuators, stepper motors
• signal conditioning style unit, small form factor, fully enclosed, DIN mount option available at no extra cost
• industrial temp rated, rugged construction – designed for high reliability 24/7 operation and long service life, 1 year warranty
Refer to the datasheet on our website for a complete list of features and specifications. The Model SGC-200 and SGC-200A are available to ship now: order number: SGC-200, SGC-200A, or SGC-200-DIN, SGC-200A-DIN for a DIN rail mountable device. All APM, Inc. standard products are available from stock to 1 week in low order quantities. Please call or e-mail APM, Inc. for pricing at email@example.com.
About The Company
Applied Processor and Measurement, Inc. (APM, Inc.) designs and manufactures PWM drivers and controls for valves and solenoids, and, signal conditioners and motion controls for use in industrial, automotive and commercial applications. APM, Inc. products involve the application of embedded microcomputers, and associated analog and digital electronics, which provide electronic control and measurement solutions for our customers. APM, Inc. has been supplying PWM drivers, signal conditioners and electronic controls for nearly 25 years.
Continue to look for further announcements on our website in 2013 regarding new product releases!
For more information:
• technical information or quotes on the Model SGC-200 Current Sense Amplifier, or any APM, Inc. product
• inquiries on customizations and embedded control development
• information on this news release or the company
• Model 205 PWM Controller – desktop style unit, high performance PWM drive signal generation
• Model 400 PWM Driver/Controller – signal conditioning style unit, analog to PWM control
• Model 402 PWM Driver/Controller – RS-232 to PWM control
• Model 500 Pick and Hold PWM Driver – adjustable peak pulse with PWM current save
Robert B. Drzewiecki, Vice President, Product Development
Applied Processor and Measurement, Inc. www.appliedprocessor.com
Phone: 716-741-1141 firstname.lastname@example.org