Concrete Equipment Pads have lightweight, cellular design.
Press Release Summary:
Designed to support outdoor equipment, cellular concrete equipment pads feature non-toxic chemical foaming agent within regular concrete mix; discrete air pockets reduce weight and facilitate handling. Resistant to UV, extreme temperatures, termite attacks, chemical attack, and fire, steel-reinforced lightweight concrete pads keep equipmentÂ from sliding, transfer weight evenly, and prevent standing water from forming below equipment. Aerated structure is also freeze thaw resistant.
Original Press Release:
New Lightweight Cellular Concrete Equipment Pads
Cresco Concrete Products, LLC has introduced a new line of equipment pads produced from its innovative cellular concrete technology. Cellular concrete is made by introducing a non-toxic chemical foaming agent into a regular concrete mix leaving numerous discrete air pockets within the mix. Equipment pads are designed to support outdoor equipment. They keep equipment from sliding, transfer weight evenly to the soil or gravel below and prevent standing water from forming below the equipment.
Applications for our lightweight equipment pads include the following:
• Air conditioners
• Gas bottles
• Hot water heaters
• Pool equipment
• Pump and filter equipment
Alongside its lightweight concrete pads, Cresco also offers conventional dense concrete pads that are also suitable for use as pavers and pier decks. Standard pad sizes range from 24” by 24” to 36” by 36”. Pad thicknesses range from 2” to 2.5” and top surfaces are offered in textures of smooth and pebble. Additional sizes, thicknesses and textures will be added over time.
The benefits of these new steel reinforced lightweight concrete pads include the following:
• Half the weight of conventional concrete pads resulting in easier handling and lower transportation costs
• Strong and durable resisting UV and extreme temperatures
• Aerated structure is freeze thaw resistant
• Resistant to attack by termites
• Will not harbor insects and vermin
• Resistant to weed wacker damage
• Drills easily and bolts readily
• Resistant to chemical attack and fire
• Lighter weight pads are less likely to sink into the soil over time
• Textured top surface keeps equipment above any standing water reducing the possibility of equipment rusting
• A green building material produced with less cement than traditional concrete pads
• Meets municipal code requirements
“Our pads also absorb more sound and vibration than conventional concrete pads” says Peter Thompson, Cresco’s Technical Advisor.
Cresco Concrete Products, LLC manufacturers its products from its facility in Houston, Texas and ships Nationwide. The company’s products include the revolutionary Liteblok™ mortarless, interlocking building block, Litecast™ and Premocrete™ precast concrete fencing, pier and wall caps, parking stops, splash blocks, CMU blocks, split face CMU, stucco, stain, and fastening systems. Cresco also offers cast stone products including accent blocks, address blocks, address markers, balustrades, bollards, columns, crown molding, entry ways, fireplaces, headers, keystones, mantels, pavers, pier caps, planters, pool coping, signs, vent blocks, water tables, window surrounds and windowsills.
Additional information about Cresco’s products can be obtained by contacting the company or visiting its website at www.CrescoConcrete.com.