Press Release Summary:
Movex Version 12 includes e-collaboration, Private Trading Exchange, Web Shop B2B, Supplier Portal, POS Integration, and Supply Chain Planning and Execution applications. It uses XML standard to send business documents efficiently and economically over Internet, and uses browsers to examine functions. Applications provide members of value chain with secure and transparent exchange of information.
Original Press Release:
Intentia Delivers On Its Collaborative Vision: Announces Launch Of Movex, Version 12
New functionality includes e-collaboration, Private Trading Exchange, Web Shop B2B, Supplier Portal, POS Integration and Supply Chain Planning and Execution applications.
Stockholm, Sweden and Schaumburg, IL, USA, March 18, 2002 - Intentia International AB (publ) (XSSE:INT B) is pleased to announce the launch of its new Movex Collaboration Applications - Movex, Version 12. The new collaboration solution opens the door to the next business revolution and with it, Intentia delivers on its vision of the transparent supply chain. Movex V.12 has been implemented at beta sites in the U.S. and worldwide and is scheduled for general release in the Americas in early April.
Movex Collaboration Applications (Version 12) comprise a completely integrated solution with six principal components that make collaboration a reality for enterprises: Supply Chain Management, Customer Relationship Management, Enterprise Management, Business Performance Measurement, e-Business, and Value Chain Collaboration. Using Movex Collaboration Applications, a value chain can realize the next quantum leap in productivity. Intentia calls this the "collaborative revolution."
"The next era of business competition will be between value chains, not just between individual companies. The winners of this competition will be collaborative value chains. Through efficiency in their joint processes, collaborative value chains will deliver the best value to their customers," remarks Bjom Algkvist, CEO of Intentia.
"Movex Collaboration Applications provide the members of a value chain with a secure and transparent exchange of information," Algkvist continues. "Our new Movex solution goes beyond the products offered by our competitors and builds on the technical leadership Intentia established with its Java platform two years ago."
"This is a massive upgrade with many major enhancements and many completely new products throughout our applications suite. Only a fully integrated suite of applications can provide full transparency of information and that is what our customers will need to collaborate," says Johan Berg, President of Intentia Research & Development.
"We provide a fully integrated suite of products, each competitive in its own right. Our customers decide for themselves when it makes business sense for them to upgrade their value chain integration. With Movex Collaboration Applications, our customers will always be able to keep pace with the increasing demands for integration," adds Berg.
Henrik Billgren, Vice President of Marketing for Intentia Americas, notes: "The new capabilities of Movex will have a significant impact on our customers and prospective customers in North America. More and more mid-sized companies have come to realize that information integration and collaboration, both up and down the value chain, are absolutely essential to helping them achieve their profitability goals and maintain their competitive edge. Now that collaboration is possible."
New Movex Components
Movex e-Collaborator fully harnesses the power of XML and enables companies to conduct business seamlessly across company borders. Movex e-Collaborator uses the XML standard to send business documents efficiently and economically over the Internet. Closer integration with business partners and streamlined business processes can significantly reduce costs and increase customer value.
- PTX, the Private Trading Exchange connects supply with demand through a browser, and provides customer service and information seamlessly connected to the rest of the suite, as well as solutions from other vendors.
- Movex Global Capable-to-Promise (CTP) is a powerful tool for supporting a company in the daily order promising process. Movex Global CTP provides more reliable delivery times by taking all restricted resources into account and exploring all alternative supply possibilities.
- Movex Web Shop B2B collaborates seamlessly with a company's overall IT environment and is able to use all information (prices, deliveries, sales, and so on) stored anywhere in its business system. Movex Web Shop covers the complete collaborative process between business partners when trading over the Internet, from online product catalogs, search engines and shopping carts, through order tracking and invoicing.
- Supplier Portal provides a standardized way for a company's suppliers to verify product or service requirements and information needs through an Internet portal accessible to them. Supplier Portal can greatly reduce administration costs while improving information accuracy.
- Point of Sales Integration begins the value chain by providing customer demands and purchases in real-time, enabling companies to act on this information in order to plan future production, inventory, and logistics needs.
- Movex Demand Planner (DMP) is a powerful tool for accurately managing and manipulating demand. It enables a company to decide how it can best use resources to maximize customer service levels, sales revenue and profitability.
- Movex Supply Chain Planner (SCP) is a powerful decision support tool for supply chain planning on the tactical and strategic levels. The result of using SCP is a financially optimized master demand and delivery schedule.
- Movex Multi-Site Planner (MSP) is a powerful decision support tool for distribution and production planning. It takes into consideration material flow constraints from raw materials to finished products and finite resource capacity in the internal value chain.
Intentia is one of the world's leading suppliers of e-collaboration solutions. Our vision is to become the leading global e-collaboration solutions vendor by supplying our customers with tomorrow's solutions today. Intentia offers a one-stop shop for all e-collaboration needs within numerous industry segments. We develop, implement and maintain our own solutions to produce the highest possible level of customer satisfaction. The Intentia Solution consists of applications covering Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Supply Chain Management (SCM), Business Performance Measurement (BPM), Value Chain Collaboration and e-Business.
Intentia has more than 3,200 employees and serves over 3,400 customers in the manufacturing, maintenance and distribution industries via a global network spanning some 40 countries. Intentia is a public company traded on the Stockholm Stock Exchange (XSSE) under the symbol INT B. For additional information, visit Intentia's Web site at www.intentia.com.
For more information on Intentia and Movex business applications, please call 1-800-SW-MOVEX or (847) 762-0900. Or, write to Intentia, 1700 East Golf Road, 9th Floor, Schaumburg, IL 60173. Visit Intentia's Web Site at www.intentia.com.
For more information, please contact:
Outlook Marketing Services
Email: mjmn@ outlookmarketingsrv.com
Email: sallie @outlookmarketingsrv.com