Press Release Summary:
Providing consistent temperature control, TKO ThermalWeightÂ® impactable dock door features 4 in. thick, moisture-resistant, closed-cell foam core panel with polymer interior facing. Full height Impact-A-Track(TM) guide, retractable plungers which let door release from opening upon impact, and double-loop side seal also minimize damage. Door releases from track once impacted and is reset by pulling plunger cable or door handles to move panels back onto track.
Original Press Release:
TKO® DOORS Fortifies the Line of Defense for Cold Storage
(Sussex, WI) Cold storage doors are critical in food distribution. The sensitive product they protect and high energy bills associated with cold storage operations demand a door that is operational and efficient at all times. Like their dry storage counterparts, lift trucks impacting dock doors can be a common occurrence in cold storage facilities. The resulting damage not only leads to higher door maintenance costs, but can also increase operating costs associated with energy loss.
To address this issue, TKO Dock Doors introduced the TKO ThermalWeight® impactable dock door.
Design benefits include:
- 4" thick, moisture-resistant, closed-cell foam core panel with damage resistant polymer interior facing providing high R-value and consistent temperature control. Backed by a 1-year performance warranty.
- Full height Impact-A-Track(TM) guide provides total protection against the most abusive impacts from top to bottom. Backed by a 5-year impact warranty.
- Heavy-duty, retractable plungers allow door to release from the opening upon impact to avoid damage and downtime. Exclusive plunger design allows smoother operation and easier reset.
- Tight perimeter weatherseal incorporates a double loop side seal to prevent energy loss and air infiltration. The side seals are attached to the door, not the track or door jamb like standard sectional doors. This allows the seal to be out of harms way when the door is open, while providing a more consistent and reliable seal when the door is closed.
When the ThermalWeight door is impacted, the door releases from the track, eliminating costly panel damage. After impact, resetting the door is quick and easy. Simply pull the plunger cable or the door handles to bring the panels back into the door track. No tools required and no sustained damage.
In addition, the full height Impact-A-Track guide is virtually indestructible when impacted. A moderate to severe impact would render a standard steel track inoperable in most cases, which would lead to a loss in productivity and energy.
Available options & accessories include:
- Thermal pane rectangular window - ideal for cold storage environments.
- Super bottom panel - adds strength and durability at the point of the door where most accidents occur. Backed by a 2-year warranty.
- Bottom Brush Seal - in addition to loop seal.
A leading innovator in impactable doors, TKO Dock Doors designs, manufactures and markets to growing companies and facilities world-wide.
Please send inquiries to:
TKO Dock Doors