Press Release Summary:
Safe to operate at source of building electrical supply, Model 405 measures TRMS voltage and current of 1,000 Vac/Vdc and 1,000 Aac/1,500 Adc, while Model 605 measures 1,000 Vac/Vdc and 2,000 Aac/3,000 Adc. IP54-rated units also measure all types of InRush, even those due to load increases on installation which is already up and running. Both Peak and RMS InRush values are captured at 1 ms sample rate and 100 ms duration windows. In addition, meters display THD for Volts and Amps.
Original Press Release:
AEMC® Introduces the NEW Power & Harmonic Clamp-on Meter Models 405 & 605
The ONLY 1000V CAT IV Clamp-on Meter on the Market!
The AEMC® Power Clamp-on Meter Models 405 and 605 provide a new standard for safety and measurement capability not available in any other clamp-on meter sold today. With a safety rating of 1000V CAT IV, these meters are safe to operate at the source of the buildings electrical supply. In addition to the standard measurement of TRMS volts, TRMS amps, frequency, resistance, continuity and diode tests these meters offer
several unparalleled features including:
· Measures TRMS Voltage and Current:
405 - 1000VAC/DC, 1000AAC/1500ADC
605 - 1000VAC/DC, 2000AAC/3000ADC
· True InRush(TM): Unlike other instruments which only
measure InRush when the installation is first powered up, the 400 and 600 series clamp-on meters measure all types of InRush, even those due to load increases on an installation which is already up and running (this is an exclusive AEMC® feature). Both Peak and RMS InRush values are captured at a 1ms sample rate and 100ms duration
· Phase Rotation: Evaluated by simply selecting the
function, then measuring the voltage on two phases in sequence. An internal algorithm then calculates the phase rotation and displays the results.
· Power: These unique meters are capable of measuring power in the megawatt range down to 1W resolution. Real, Reactive, Apparent Power and PF are displayed.
· Harmonics: Measures and displays Total Harmonic Distortion for V and A. Both THDr and THDf are displayed.
Add to this an IP54 environmental rating and you have a truly unique meter focused on user safety, as well as measurement performance.
Cat. #2139.50 - Model 405.......................Price: $350
(TRMS, 1000VAC/DC, 1000AAC/1500ADC, Continuity, Power, THD)
Cat. #2139.60 - Model 605.......................Price: $490
(TRMS, 1000VAC/DC, 2000AAC/3000ADC, Continuity, Power, THD)
· Electrical maintenance
· Electrical power distribution
· Safety lighting system maintenance
· Automotive test troubleshooting
· Industrial maintenance
· AC or DC motor testing
· Power plant troubleshooting
· Commercial, industrial, residential & HVAC troubleshooting
· Power panel, junction box and battery bank measuring
· Electrical testing and troubleshooting on non-linear
loads, such as adjustable speed drives and