Press Release Summary:
Designed for global auto, medical and consumer electronics, Celanese’s Polymer Products include: Celapex high flow PEEK, Celstran high flow LFT, Fortron flexible PPS, Hostaform M25IE POM and MetaLX appearance Nylon. Highly durable and heat resistant, polymers come in high flow, flexible high-temperature and has higher production throughput rates which help mold thin wall intricate parts and long flow length components while retaining many of the physical, mechanical, thermal and electrical properties of PEEK.
Original Press Release:
Celanese Announces Five New Polymer Innovations at K 2016
Celapex™ high flow PEEK, Celstran® high flow LFT, Fortron® flexible PPS, Hostaform® M25IE POM, and MetaLX® appearance nylon launched to meet market and customer demand Manufacturers in every sector are dealing with more complex components with a greater emphasis on form, function and feel in everything from consumer electronics to medical devices to vehicles. To help manufacturers worldwide find the right materials to meet these challenges, Celanese Corporation (NYSE: CE), a global technology and specialty materials company, today announces at the K 2016 plastics trade show in Düsseldorf, Germany, five new polymer innovations designed to meet the complex design and product development specifications of global auto, medical, consumer, electronics and industrial manufacturers worldwide.
“In today’s market, designers and engineers in every industry we serve face unprecedented challenges, and extraordinary development opportunities, from changing market expectations,” said Todd Elliott, vice president of Material Solutions, Celanese. “At Celanese, we’re tailoring our product portfolio to meet the ever-changing needs of our customers. Since we work in such a broad array of specialty industries, we’re able to share and apply insights between industries to help our customers overcome their most challenging product development requirements.”
Celanese engineers have gone beyond design and polymer implementation to change the functional characters of the polymers in its portfolio. The new materials options announced today give engineers the freedom to design and manufacture high-performing, attractive and practical components and products buyers demand.
At K 2016, Celanese will introduce these five new polymer products, as well as showcase three trends driving polymer innovation and the advantages that come from choosing an engineered material from Celanese:
• Celapex™ high flow PEEK – high flow polymers that address injection molding processing issues typically associated with PEEK. The Celanese solution enables molding of thin wall, intricate parts with high precision and tight tolerance and facilitates ease of processing even at high filler loading.
• Celstran® high flow LFT – Celanese offers one of the most advanced lines of long fiber thermoplastics. New high flow grades help molders and designers to develop thinner (1.0-1.5mm thick walls), lighter, and more efficient components and parts.
• Fortron® flexible PPS – a highly durable, heat resistant polymer is now available with the flexibility required for clips, fasteners, tubes, and cable ties in today’s complex automotive and industrial systems.
• Hostaform® M25IE POM – to gain higher production throughput rates, polymer sheet manufacturers are increasingly utilizing the calendering process to produce polyoxymethylene (POM) sheets in a wide range of thicknesses and sizes that the market demands. Hostaform® M25IE was developed to meet the exacting performance and processing requirements for POM sheets while maintaining POM’s strength, durability, moisture and chemical resistance, and tribological properties.
• MetaLX® appearance Nylon – by applying our experience in metal-effect and mold-in-color polymers to nylon, Celanese now offers an extensive range of polymer appearance solutions to meet aesthetic and operational needs.
Industry Trends Driving Polymer Innovation
• Flexibility Where it Matters: Fortron® flexible high-temperature polymers deliver the performance characteristics customers need for applications where flexibility and high heat-resistance are paramount. Smaller engine compartments and complex industrial machinery have high temperature requirements for fasteners, clips and tubing, and Celanese’s Fortron® flexible high-temperature polymers are an ideal solution for these kinds of applications.
• Thinner Walls, Lighter Parts: Whether engineering complex geometries in high-heat applications or light-weighting structural components, manufacturers need solutions that offer high flowability and dimensional stability. Celanese has added Celstran® and Celapex™ high flow polymer solutions to its high-flow polymer portfolio. As a long fiber reinforced thermoplastic (LFT), Celstran® high flow LFT enables thinner walls but does not sacrifice part strength or operational performance. The new, Celapex™ high flow PEEK is a high temperature polymer that enables molding of thin wall intricate parts and long flow length components while maintaining many of the physical, mechanical, thermal, and electrical properties of PEEK.
• Beauty by Design through Appearance Polymers: Celanese has also expanded its appearance polymer portfolio by bringing aesthetic capabilities to a new nylon product line. This new portfolio provides metal-effect, mold-in-color, and a new piano black solution in nylon. Celanese’s MetaLX® appearance and mold-in-color polymers are helping designers and engineers apply a wide range of aesthetic solutions to their designs.
Celanese at K 2016 – Hall 6 Stand #6A07 To learn more about Celanese engineered materials and these four new polymer innovations now available as part of the world’s broadest polymer product line, visit the Celanese booth in Hall 6 stand #6A07 or visit http://kfair.celanese.com/.
At the Celanese stand at K 2016, the company will be introducing these new polymer innovations as well as helping customers experience the Art of Material Selection as they choose the right engineered material for their most challenging application.
To learn more about K 2016, visit www.k-online.com/.
Celanese Corporation is a global technology leader in the production of differentiated chemistry solutions and specialty materials used in most major industries and consumer applications. Our two complementary business cores, Acetyl Chain and Materials Solutions, use the full breadth of Celanese’s global chemistry, technology and business expertise to create value for our customers and the corporation. As we partner with our customers to solve their most critical business needs, we strive to make a positive impact on our communities and the world through The Celanese Foundation. Based in Dallas, Celanese employs approximately 7,000 employees worldwide and had 2015 net sales of $5.7 billion. For more information about Celanese and our product offerings, visit www.celanese.com or our blog at www.celaneseblog.com. All registered trademarks are owned by Celanese International Corporation or its affiliates.
Media Relations Europe (Germany)
+49(0)69 45009 1574
+1 972 443 4574
Media Relations – Global
W. Travis Jacobsen
+1 972 443 3750
Media Relations Asia (Shanghai)
+86 21 3861 9279