CCD Array Spectrometer/Fluorometer connects to LabQuest or USB port.
Press Release Summary:
With its 2 different excitation wavelengths centered at 405 and 500 nm, SpectroVis Plus can quantitatively measure fluorescence spectra of various compounds. It has 380-950 nm rage and collects up to 570 values with 1 nm between reported values. Unit collects full wavelength spectrum (absorbance, percent transmittance, or intensity) in less than 1 sec. Once the peak wavelength is determined, user can determine concentration of solution or monitor rates of reaction.
Original Press Release:
An Affordable Spectrophotometer and Fluorometer
Having a CCD array spectrometer/fluorometer combination is now affordable for each of your lab stations! Array spectrometer technology allows you to collect a full wavelength spectrum (absorbance, percent transmittance, or intensity) in less than one second. Once the peak wavelength is determined, you can easily determine the concentration of a solution (Beer's law) or monitor rates of reaction. With its two different excitation wavelengths, SpectroVis Plus can quantitatively measure the fluorescence spectra of many compounds, such as chlorophyll, fluorescein, GFP, and more. Connect SpectroVis Plus to a LabQuest or a computer running Logger Pro using a standard USB cable (included), and see the results in full color. New and Improved with SpectroVis Plus
- Improved range: 380-950 nm (VIS-NIR)
- 1 nm between reported values (now collects 570 values)
- Improved optical resolution (~2.5 nm)
- New support for fluorescence (two excitation sources centered at 405 nm and 500 nm) SpectroVis Plus Features
- Portable: 15 cm x 9 cm x 4 cm
- Collect a full spectrum in less than 1 second
- Easy one-step calibration
- Connects directly to LabQuest or to a computer's USB port
- No external power required Absorbance vs. wavelength spectrum for chlorophyll lab in Advanced Biology with Vernier lab book Uses for SpectroVis Plus
- Measure absorbance, percent transmittance, emissions spectra, or fluorescence
- Conduct Beer's law investigations
- Conduct kinetic studies of absorbance vs. time
- Perform equilibrium studies of absorbance vs. time or absorbance vs. concentration
- Conduct experiments on enzyme kinetics
- Perform colorimetric or fluorescent bioassays
- Measure emissions of gas discharge tubes, flame tests, or other light sources, using the SpectroVis Optical Fiber accessory (sold separately)
- How Does It Work?
- Light from the LED and tungsten bulb light source passes through a solution. Emerging light goes through a high-quality diffraction grating then the diffracted light is collected and sorted by the CCD array detector.
- For fluorescence, SpectroVis Plus has two different excitation wavelengths, so now you can quantitatively measure the fluorescence spectra of many compounds, such as quinine, fluorescein, and chlorophyll.
- SpectroVis Optical Fiber Accessory
- Turn your SpectroVis Plus spectrophotometer into an emissions spectrometer using the SpectroVis Optical Fiber insert. Simply insert the unit into the cuvette holder and point the 1 m optical fiber at a light source. Sold separately.
- The best part is the SpectroVis Optical Fiber costs only $94, making it very economical to add emissions experiments to your curriculum.
- Spectrum Tube Single Power Supply Accessory
- With ultra-safe design, this spectrum tube power supply will provide a simple means of viewing gas discharge spectral lines with any of our spectrometers. Unlike other designs, this system has no exposed high voltage.
- Available Feburary 2010 Ordering Information SpectroVis Plus SVIS-PL $611
- SpectroVis Plus is available March 2010. Logger Pro software (computer) or LabQuest interface (standalone) is required and sold separately.