Press Release Summary:
Cylindrical Roller Cam Followers, available in sizes from 1 to 10 in. diameter, are used in applications throughout packaging, transportation, robotics and automation, and material handling. Contacting lip seals provide positive protection against contamination, while keeping grease inside. Double row cylindrical rollers provide true-running performance. Units are lubricated for life and operate at high rotational speeds.
Original Press Release:
RBC Roller(R) Cam Follower Update Exclusive New Sizes Available
(December 19, 2001; Fairfield, CT) RBC Bearings, global manufacturer of standard and unique custom industrial bearings and related products, has added two new sizes to the RBC Roller cylindrical roller cam follower product line - 1" and 1 1/8"
roller diameter. New to the bearing industry, these sizes are ideal for use in small-to-medium sized machines requiring precise motion control.
Efffective immediately, there has also been a significant reduction in the pricing on the entire RBC Roller cam follower product line.
The patented RBC Roller cam follower, invented by RBC in 1991, offers manufacturers a number of advantages over more traditional needle roller cam followers, including:
- 175% greater dynamic load capacity.
- Five times greater operating life. The repair and replace cycle is greatly reduced.
- Double row cylindrical rollers for true-running, long-lasting performance.
- Highly effective lip seals to maintain grease supply. Unique contacting lip seals provide positive protection against contamination, while keeping grease inside.
- Lubrication for life eliminates need for periodic re-lubrication.
- Operation at much higher rotational speeds - up to 3 times higher.
- 500 F cooler running temperature under load.
- Sizes from 1 " - 10" diameter.
- Specials available.
RBC Bearings - supported by a global network of sales engineers, distributors, and authorized agents - are used in a variety of applications throughout the construction, mining, packaging, aerospace, transportation, off-highway, agricultural, robotics and automation, material handling, and semiconductor equipment industries. There are currently 12 RBC Bearings manufacturing locations throughout the US and Europe.