Press Release Summary:
MEGA Software Suite 5.3 helps teams of business and IT systems analysts design, improve, and support strategic business processes. Offline mode allows mobile users to synchronize with central system. Full object locking improves management of large, networked design teams. XSD Schema Design, Generation and Reverse Engineering facilitates latest practices and conventions. MEGA 5.3 enables use with Microsoft XP products.
Original Press Release:
MEGA International Unveils MEGA Software Suite 5.3 For Business Process Modeling and IT Mapping
New Features Include 4 Gig Repository, Offline Mode for Mobile Users, Enhanced Multi-language and Windows XP Support
WALTHAM, Mass. -June 25, 2002 - MEGA International, a leading
provider of business process modeling and IT mapping solutions, today unveiled MEGA Software Suite 5.3, which helps teams of business and IT systems analysts design, improve and support strategic business processes.
The latest version offers customers a number of enhancements that address the need to store more business process information, enable work in multinational environments, provide for use in mobile environments, enable use with Microsoft XP products, speed processing and more.
Key new features include:
- Larger repository (four gigabytes) to enable scaling up for
extremely large projects
- Enhanced multi-language support with translation capability for
use in multinational environments
- Improved impact analysis with cost detailing
- Offline mode so mobile users can synchronize with a central
- Microsoft Windows XP and Office XP support
- Faster performance
- The first release of MEGA's Open Methodology (MOKA) for improved project and team support
- Full object locking for improved management of large, networked design teams
- Improved user interface with spell-checker for ease of use and
improved spelling accuracy
- XSD Schema Design, Generation and Reverse Engineering facilitating latest practices and conventions
"We've taken the best business process and enterprise architecture modeling tool and improved it further," said Bill Wise, president of North American operations for MEGA. "MEGA Software Suite addresses complex business critical projects with the only extensible repository that makes information available to both business and IT users. And we offer customers deep domain expertise that derives from our systems integration and consulting origins."
More than 700 customers, having purchased more than 14,000 licenses, use MEGA International's analysis and design solutions. Customers include AGF Insurance, Airbus Industries, Alabama Shipyards, Banque de France, Credit Lyonnais, France Telecom, Hutchison Telecom, Lockheed Martin, Lucent Technologies, MATERA BAE Dynamics, Microcell, Paribas, Pacific Bell, Pioneer Electronics and Southwestern Bell.
MEGA Software Suite provides the following capabilities:
- MEGA Process: MEGA Process enables organizations to face the
enormous challenge of modeling and defining business processes. It helps companies model, analyze and simulate business processes to uncover improvement opportunities in their information systems and businesses.
- MEGA Architecture: MEGA Architecture enables companies to define and map information systems and data flows to manage IT evolution and smooth integration of new applications.
- MEGA Development: MEGA Development enables companies to
exploit new business opportunities by developing new classes of
applications that are better integrated with the needs of the enterprises. This module helps organizations design and develop components and UML applications as well as create a component library. It also lets them generate and reverse-engineer JAVA, VB, C++ and XML to increase the quality and productivity of their development teams.
- MEGA Database: MEGA Database enables organizations to create databases and specify schemes of objects. It also enables them to reverse-engineer and generate script for all major DBMSs.
- MEGA Integration: MEGA Integration speeds-up process and application integration and leverages business process and infrastructure assets. It significantly improves integration project ROI by controlling project complexity.
- Professional Services: In addition to its software products, MEGA International provides an array of professional services to help customers implement and customize its software. These services include training, technical services and consulting.
MEGA Software Suite 5.3 is available immediately beginning at $6,995. A free trial download of Version 5.3 is available from www.mega.com.
MEGA International (www.mega.com) is a global provider of business process modeling and IT mapping solutions. Its offerings improve large organizations' competitiveness by helping them understand, analyze and design new and enhanced business processes. MEGA solutions are targeted at teams of business analysts and IT developers that need to improve organizational efficiency by connecting fast changing business
processes with IT development efforts. Unlike traditional development and business process diagramming tools that only focus on the development part of the problem, MEGA Business
Process Performance Solutions enable business and IT stakeholders to drive bottom line profits, unlock new customer value, and otherwise minimize the risk involved with changing critical business processes. Founded in 1991 with North American headquarters outside of Boston, the company operates in North America and Europe and has a global network of business partners. The company's North American clients include Pioneer Electronics, Pacific Bell and Microcell, among others.
All product names used herein are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective companies.