Comptel Provisioning and Activation has enabled Turkish mobile operator to better its business and operational agility and time-to-revenue
HELSINKI, Finland — Comptel Corporation (NASDAQ OMX Helsinki: CTL1V) today announced that Turkish mobile operator Avea has deployed Comptel Provisioning and Activation for automation of its order-to-activation process. Forming a module of the Comptel Fulfillment platform, the software allows Avea to improve time-to-market, increase its business and operational flexibility, boost customer satisfaction and drive revenue growth.
Avea replaced its existing provisioning system with a solution that brings a more open and future-proof architecture, vendor-independency and configuration simplicity, ultimately offering better performance and operational efficiency plus improved scalability. Comptel Provisioning and Activation offers not only a transparent deployment and integration with existing OSS/BSS systems, but also an agile Service Oriented Architecture to support any future OSS/BSS requirements.
Comptel Provisioning and Activation is now live across Avea's mobile network, with the deployment having taken place in six months. With Comptel's highly productised, off-the-shelf software, the Turkish mobile operator has reduced CAPEX and OPEX, achieved greater stability and gained high performance and out-of-the-box support for its day-to-day fulfillment needs.
• Being part of Turk Telekom Group, Turkish mobile operator Avea was founded in 2004 and boasts an approximately 13.5 million nationwide customer base. With about 3,000 employees, it offers services to 98% of Turkey's population through its next-generation network.
• Comptel Provisioning and Activation is a module of Comptel Fulfillment, a fully integrated suite of products that encompasses order management, service catalog, and service and resource inventory capabilities. The product enables operators to fully automate the process of handling subscriber orders, activating resources and services in the network.
• "As with other mobile operators, we faced the dilemma of providing an increased number of new services with improved time-to-market while controlling our costs," said Mr. Nazým Efe, Billing, Charging BI Solutions Director, Avea. "With Comptel, we were able to start delivering services to our customers and capture revenues much more quickly—the automated provisioning and activation product reduced significantly the lead time from order to billable service."
• "We are proud to extend our provisioning and activation expertise to support Avea in delivering the best and most timely services as possible to its customers," said Mr. Sami Ahonen, senior vice president, Europe East, Comptel. "With our fulfillment platform, the mobile operator is armed with the capabilities it needs to overcome its competitive and operational challenges and realise its business performance objectives."
• For more information about Comptel, visit www.comptel.com. Learn more about the company's Customer Engagement solutions including its fulfillment products.
• For more information about Avea, visit www.avea.com.tr.
• Connect with Comptel on its blog, Compelling Conversations on OSS, and on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook. Also visit the company's Vimeo and YouTube channels.
About Comptel Corporation
Since 1986, Comptel has helped more than 290 service providers across 86 countries meet over one billion subscribers' communications and infotainment needs. Comptel's solutions are built on an Event – Analysis – Action strategic framework that leverages the company's strengths in collecting and analysing Big Data and turning intelligence into opportunities in real time. Comptel’s service fulfillment, mediation, charging and policy control, and advanced predictive analytics products with implementation and professional services enable service providers to automate customer interactions and other business decisions, to create revenue, reduce costs and lessen churn. Comptel has a global team of more than 600 professionals, and net sales were EUR 82.4 million in 2012. For more information, visit www.comptel.com.
Head of Marketing
+44 118 929 4211
Leila Heijola (Ms)
Channel Marketing Manager|Marketing and Communications
Salmisaarenaukio 1, 00180 HELSINKI, Finland
M: +358 50 5614451 | T: +358 9 7001131 F: +358 9 70011375