Press Release Summary:
To help assisted-living facility owners reliably and unobtrusively track and communicate activities of their elderly residents, monitoring systemÂ comprises diminutive transmitters worn by patients,Â monitoring device to ensure all appropriate doors are locked, andÂ central-networked device to observe all individual door monitors. Integrated micro/RF transmitter ensures consistent performance in existing installations, while metal enclosure supports flush and wall mounting.
Original Press Release:
Advanced Product Design and Manufacturing Develops Assisted-Living Monitoring System
When a distributor of assisted-living monitoring systems determined that currently available products did not provide the features that would enable assisted-living facility owners to reliably and unobtrusively track and communicate the activities of their elderly residents, even from a distance, it turned to Advanced Product Design & Manufacturing, Inc.
1. A system that includes small transmitting devices worn by the patients, a monitoring device to ensure that all appropriate doors were locked, and a central-networked device to observe all of the individual door monitors.
2. A more accurate integrated micro/RF transmitter device, and housed in a new case design that could be domestically sourced (replacing a less-reliable design fabricated offshore). Its consistent performance in RF transmission in existing installations made that step simpler and less costly.
3. A metal enclosure for flush- and wall-mount installations plus an indestructible keypad (replacing the fragile, plastic predecessors).
4. Utilizing the same technology, advanced electronics and sturdy metal enclosures developed in response to the customer's specified needs, APD&M also implemented additional local and system functionality enhancements..
5. Reduced cost for the product and its installation, while also significantly decreasing the system's life-cycle cost!
6. Exclusive rights to the new hardware and software designs, which assured predictable future product costs and availability.
The scope of work tested APD&M's engineering creativity and its mission of Turning Ideas Into Reality for OEM manufacturers in the Mid-Atlantic Region for two decades.
About Advanced Product Design and Development
Advanced Product Design & Manufacturing, Inc. has been Turning Ideas Into Reality for electronic product manufacturers in the Mid-Atlantic Region for two decades. We serve as a seamless extension of our customers' engineering teams offering an unmatched level of proven, creative, custom electronics design engineering solutions and, as needed, an in-house contract manufacturing resource.
Together, our design/development and manufacturing capabilities represent a proven-successful continuum from idea through design, development, test, build and delivery.
Experience. The Difference. APD&M's strength is our engineering design team, which separates us from traditional contract manufacturers, who typically just build to print. Working hand-in-hand with our customers gives APD&M engineers control and knowledge of the design, which carries through to the manufacturing process. The result: better overall product solutions for our customers...and yours.
Advanced Product Design & Manufacturing, Inc.
735 Fox Chase Road
Coatesville, PA 19320
Phone: (610) 380-9140
Fax: (610) 380-9189