Broadband Media Innovator Takes Spotlight at Industry Technology Event
SUWANEE, Ga. - ARRIS Group, Inc.(NASDAQ: ARRS) a global innovator in broadband media technology, extends a warm welcome to the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers' (SCTE) Cable-Tec EXPO 2011, to be held in the ARRIS headquarters city of Atlanta, Georgia, November 15-17, 2011. As a hometown host, ARRIS will showcase how it can assist operators in achieving their business objectives and transition to converged IP services during multiple speaker presentations, sponsored events and product demonstrations in its booth (#873).
"The proliferation of connected devices and mobile screens provides cable operators with a vast array of options and challenges," said Stan Brovont, SVP, Marketing and Business Development at ARRIS. "Consumers want seamless communications and entertainment, when and where they choose, in the home and on-the-go, and service providers need to determine the most efficient ways to deliver those services and features. Through our many technical paper presentations and our booth experiences, we will illustrate the options that operators now have available to provide the broadest subscriber experience possible."
Eleven company presentations will outline how various solutions can be strategically applied to operators' individual architectures as follows:
- CEO Bob Stanzione will participate on the opening general session on Industry Partnerships
- Carol Ansley - MoCA® trouble-shooting experiences (Home Certification Workshop)
- Jeff Brooks - IP video transition (IP Video Workshop)
- Santhana Chari and Dan Torbet - video transcoding strategies (CDN Transcoding Workshop)
- Tom Cloonan - analysis of adaptive bit rate streaming apps (Capacity Planning Workshop)
- Gary Cunha - telemetry and monitoring management (Facilities Management Workshop)
- Mike Emmendorfer - all-digital head end and hub architecture (Advanced Services Workshop)
- Mike Emmendorfer - IPTV opportunities in the MDU market (Access Network Workshop)
- Jeff Howe - evolution of the head end in a CCAP world (Critical Facilities)
- Jerry Patton - wireless technologies (Wireless Workshop)
- Scott Shupe - EPON and RFoG solutions (Fiber Solutions Workshop)
Next-generation converged content access and distribution are in the ARRIS sweet spot, and the company will showcase how its solutions increase capacity while providing a seamless migration to IP. Live demonstrations will show industry-leading broadband solutions designed to support the ever-increasing amount of video content being distributed while providing a superior customer experience, including:
- The ARRIS DOCSIS 3.0 C4® CMTS -- delivering more bandwidth than ever through the widely-deployed double-density XD CAM downstream card and new 24U CAM upstream card with IPv6 capabilities.
- The ARRIS Touchstone® customer premises equipment (CPE) portfolio for in-home wired and wireless voice and data services, offering the most comprehensive portfolio of products at the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) available.
- The ARRIS Whole Home Solution - a centralized triple-play Gateway solution consisting of the Moxi® Gateway and Moxi Players, which simultaneously reduces an operator's in-home costs while increasing the subscriber's service experience.
In addition to the live demonstrations, virtual interactive touch-screen stations in the booth will exhibit how ARRIS opens up new revenue streams and lowers the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for operators as they migrate networks to an all-IP model, including:
- Access and transport solutions and a portfolio of EPON and RFoG solutions
- The ARRIS VIPr(TM) 4000 Advanced Video Processing platform
- ARRIS ServAssure(TM) network and service management and WorkAssure(TM) workforce automation solutions
- The ARRIS end-to-end Wi-Fi® deployment system, featuring Ruckus wireless access solutions.
- Linear and advanced advertising insertion solutions
- The ARRIS Fixed Mobile Convergence solution for cellular voice, data, SMS and MMS offload
For more information about ARRIS activities or expert availability at the SCTE EXPO 2011, visit www.arrisi.com/events
ARRIS is a global communications technology company specializing in the design, engineering and supply of technologies that support broadband services for residential and business customers around the world. The company supplies broadband operators with the tools and platforms they need to deliver converged IP video solutions, carrier-grade telephony, network video processing, whole home video, demand driven video, next-generation advertising, network and workforce management solutions, access and transport architectures and ultra high-speed data services. Headquartered in Suwanee, Georgia, USA, ARRIS has R&D centers in Suwanee; Beaverton, OR; Chicago, IL; Kirkland, WA; State College, PA; Wallingford, CT; Waltham, MA; Cork, Ireland; and Shenzhen, China, and operates support and sales offices throughout the world. Information about ARRIS products and services can be found at www.arrisi.com.
CONTACT: Alex Swan, ARRIS Media Relations, +1-678-473-8327, firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site: www.arrisi.com