Press Release Summary:
Running on oreXpress™ portable spectrometer, EZ-ID™ software with Custom Library Builder module aids accurate mineral identification in field. Users can compare target scans with included USGS spectral library or commercially available libraries to determine best match. Also, software can be used on unknown samples and suits core logging applications. Match results are provided in real-time, and users can include or exclude spectral regions of interest for optimal results.
Original Press Release:
Quickly Identify Your Target Mineral in Real Time with EZ-ID(TM) Software from SPECTRAL EVOLUTION
Compare your target scan against the USGS Spectral Library, other Commercial Libraries, or Build Your Own Library.
Lawrence, MA — EZ-ID software running on an oreXpress™ portable spectrometer is an ideal solution for fast, easy, and accurate mineral identification in the field.
EZ-ID software allows you to compare your target scans with the USGS spectral library or commercially available libraries to determine a best match. EZ-ID software can be used on unknown samples found on outcrops, in pits, hand samples and is especially useful in fast and accurate core logging application. EZ-ID features:
• Fast and accurate identification of an unknown mineral to a known library sample
• Easy to use – just collect a target scan using the oreXpress spectrometer and see immediate match results in real time
• Simple, consistent user interface
• USGS library included, works with other libraries
• Include or exclude spectral regions of interest for optimal results
• Fast scanning for optimum field work or core shack logging
With our Custom Library Builder software module, EZ-ID allows you to scan known samples and quickly build a custom library for a particular project, mineral, location, and more. You can select pre-defined metadata fields or define your own.
The combination of EZ-ID software and the oreXpress field portable spectrometer for mining offer geologists a complete mineral identification system to improve mining exploration.
The oreXpress spectrometer with companion GETAC PS336 handheld microcomputer features:
• 350-2500nm spectral range
• Auto dark shutter and autoexposure for easy, one-touch scanning
• No optimization required to start scanning – get to work as soon as you hit the field
• With the GETAC PS336, easily tag spectra with images from the auto-focus digital camera, e-compass, altimeter, GPS data, and voice notes
• GETAC sunlight readable VGA display
• Mineral contact probe with metal-clad fiber optic cable
• Lightweight LI-ion batteries for power in the field
• Accessories include core shack fold-up field cart and benchtop reflectance probe
For more information: http://www.spectralevolution.com/Mining_software_EZID.html
About SPECTRAL EVOLUTION
Established in 2004, SPECTRAL EVOLUTION is a leading manufacturer of laboratory and handheld portable spectrometers, spectroradiometers and spectrophotometers. SPECTRAL EVOLUTION spectrometers are used worldwide for many mission-critical lab and field applications in mining, remote sensing, vegetative studies, ground truthing, environmental and climate studies, developing satellite calibrations, and more, due to their reliable, robust, rugged design and user-friendly one-touch features.
SPECTRAL EVOLUTION maintains a facility in Lawrence, Massachusetts which houses design, prototyping, manufacturing and service facilities for the instruments that it markets and sells worldwide, either through direct sales, OEM sales or through distributor agents. EZ-ID and oreXpress are trademarks of SPECTRAL EVOLUTION.
Marketing & Sales
1 Canal Street, Unit B1
Lawrence, MA 01840 USA