AMETEK Process Instruments (www.ametekpi.com) has been awarded US$4.6 million contract to supply UV process gas analyzers for the Abu Dhabi Gas Development Company’s (Al Hosn Gas) Shah Gas Field project. The analyzers will be used in the Sulfur Recovery Units (SRU) and Tail Gas Treating Units (TGTU), expected to be the largest complex of its type in the world.
Saipem, the project management company, selected AMETEK because of its extensive experience in sulfur recovery operations worldwide and the performance of its analyzers on similar projects. The $10-billion Shah Gas Field project is among the largest green field gas development projects ever undertaken. It is expected to process approximately one billion cubic feet per day (bcf/d) of sour gas into 0.5 bcf/d of usable gas.
The project includes installation of the following Western Research analyzers:
• Twelve Model 900 Air Demand Analyzers. Developed specifically to meet the requirements of the latest sulfur recovery processes, the versatile unit measures up to five species simultaneously.
• Twelve Model 931 Single-Gas Analyzers. A rugged, single-component photometric gas analyzer housed in an explosion-proof package, the Model 931 uses AMETEK’s proprietary high-resolution UV technology that features no moving parts.
• Four Model 930 H2S Vapor Space Analyzers. Developed to accurately measure H2S vapor in pits used to store liquid sulfur, the Model 930 is field-proven to reliably monitor both H2S and SO2.
• Oil Gas
• Chemical & petrochemical processing
• Control & Instrumentation
• Pollution control
AMETEK Process Instruments is a leader in the design and manufacture of on-line analytical instrumentation based upon eleven differentiated technology platforms. It is a unit of AMETEK, Inc., a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annual sales of more than $3.3 billion.
A. Model 900 Air Demand Analyzer measures up to five species simultaneously.
B. Model 931 Single-Gas Analyzer uses high resolution UV technology that has no moving parts.
C. Model 930 Vapor Space Analyzer reliably monitors both H2S and SO2.
Product Sales Contact:
Europe, Asia, Russia, Mideast
AMETEK Process Instruments SAS
China, India, Japan, Korea, Australia, Singapore / SE Asia
AMETEK Process Instruments