Severe weather is not a localized phenomenon. It affects all areas of the globe in varying forms and levels of severity. Severe weather can include hurricanes, blizzards, drought, ice storms, heat waves, and sand storms. When electronic systems are mounted in outdoor applications, regional weather conditions must be taken into consideration. Sensitive components must be protected by a system that is robust enough to stand up to the most adverse conditions including wind-blown debris and rain, ice formation, snow accumulation, high wind, shock & vibration as well as extreme high and low ambient temperatures.
EIC Solutions ThermoTEC Series Thermoelectric Air Conditioners are engineered to withstand the harsh conditions associated with severe weather. EIC’s coolers feature a solid-state design with no moving parts other than fans. This provides a virtually maintenance-free cooling system. When properly mounted to an enclosure, they allow no air exchange in or out which prevents contaminants from entering the box. Their NEMA 4X design indicates they can be subject to regular wash-down and exposure to heavy rain. They are constructed from Type 304 stainless steel and industrial-grade aluminum which makes them corrosion resistant with some models being tested to military shock & vibration standards. For even greater protection you can add a rain shroud to protect the external fans from debris, ice build-up and impact.
EIC Solutions’ Solid-State Cooling Systems have been implemented in many critical systems that are regularly subject to harsh environmental conditions and extreme weather:
- A national aerospace agency uses EIC’s 145 and 151 series thermoelectric AC’s incorporated into mobile case systems to monitor and track airborne particulates and their effects on monsoons and other severe weather formations. (subject to hurricanes, monsoons, high humidity, & high winds)
- Both Domestic and Foreign Naval vessels include modified 145 series thermoelectric air conditioners in a crucial power generation system (subject to shock & vibration, salt fog, high ambient temperatures)
- Homeland Security implemented over one hundred 140B series thermoelectric air conditioners on stainless steel enclosures at numerous points across the Canadian Border (subject to blizzards, high winds, ice storms)
- A major defense contractor installed over four hundred 145 series thermoelectric air conditioners in Montana, Wyoming and South Dakota at very sensitive national defense installations (subject to high heat, extremely low temperatures, blizzards, ice storms & high winds)
- A high-frequency radar for controlling a tsunami warning system includes a 151 series thermoelectric air conditioner (subject to high winds, salt fog, extreme temperatures, heavy rain & snow)
- The US Military integrated EIC’s 151 series thermoelectric cooler into an IED Detect and Defeat system (subject to extreme heat, sand storms & shock and vibration)
- EIC’s thermoelectric air conditioners are also used by Doppler Weather Radar manufactures across the US (subject to all types of extreme weather)
Since EIC Solutions’ thermoelectric air conditioners are engineered to operate under extreme environmental conditions and severe weather, they are a perfect solution for outdoor applications. Their robust design allows them to withstand the elements and continue operation long after the storm has passed. With each model being fully customizable, there is a solution for even the harshest weather conditioners. Contact one of our knowledgeable Sales Engineers today to discuss your severe weather application.
EIC Solutions, Inc. specializes in the design and manufacturing of thermoelectric cooling systems, air-conditioned electronic enclosures, and transit cases for a wide range of industries. Our products have been used in a variety of enclosure cooling applications involving the protection of electronic equipment both indoors and outdoors. EIC Solutions strives to provide the best products, resources, and tools to help customers protect investments in sensitive electronics. If you have questions regarding any of our products please contact us at 800-497-4524.