ABB will showcase its “Smart Squad” experts, with more than 180 years of combined power industry experience, to answer pressing questions about today’s rapidly-evolving grid; new wireless mesh routers, smart relays, the latest smart grid-enabled equipment and enterprise software on display.
San Diego, California, – ABB, the world’s largest supplier of transmission and distribution equipment and solutions for today’s grid, will be promoting new grid integration technology applications and product enhancements at the DistribuTECH 2015 conference and exhibition.
These new offerings and enhancements include:
• ABB Wireless’s new Tropos 6420 broadband wireless mesh routers, providing the performance and reliability required to support video surveillance and other physical security applications in electric utility substations
• ABB enterprise software solutions from Ventyx, targeting utilities’ biggest challenges, including Asset Health, Outage Life Cycle Management, Service Suite, FocalPoint business intelligence software, Network Management (DMS and OMS as part of an OLM bundled solution)
• ABB’s newly-expanded Relion® 605 product family of protection and control relays – the REF601, REJ601 and REM601 – for the ANSI market.
• Pole mounted distribution transformers, a single phase, pole mounted transformer for 3kVA or less, designed for small or isolated load applications
• High voltage Capacitor Banks for VoltVAr management
• GridSync wireless sensors
• GridShield three-phase reclosers, and other advanced Distribution Automation solutions.
Introducing the Smart Squad
Showcasing more than 180 years of combined global experience at the highest levels, ABB will make available 12 of its “Smart Squad” authorities – in a specially-built “Smart Bar” concept – to interact and answer tough questions for DistribuTECH attendees on a dozen hot topics – including Distribution Automation, VoltVAr optimization, microgrids, wireless communications, outage management, DMS/OMS, and more. ABB’s Smart Squad members will be available in the Smart Bar in booth #1421. For a full schedule of Smart Squad speakers and topics, click here. Additionally, ABB will be sharing insights in five Paper Presentations during the week at DistribuTECH. For a complete list of papers and times, please click here.
“We are pleased to once again have a major presence at DistribuTECH, and we’re eager to show off our newest product enhancements and expertise around distribution grid management and high voltage transmission applications,” said Gary Rackliffe, ABB vice president for smart grids, North America. “No other TD solutions provider offers the shear breadth of integrated solutions, systems expertise, equipment, software and communications technology that ABB does.”
DistribuTECH 2015 runs from February 3-5 at the San Diego Convention Center, and ABB will be exhibiting in booth #1421 on the show floor. For more information and to register, please click here.
ABB (www.abb.com) is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 145,000 people. The company's North American operations, headquartered in Cary, North Carolina, employ about 30,000 people in multiple manufacturing, service, engineering and other major facilities.
For more information, please contact:
Manager, Media Relations
Power Products Power Systems,
940 Main Campus Drive
Raleigh, North Carolina, 27606 USA
Phone: 1 919 807 5743
Mobile: 1 919 244 4879