AKRON, Ohio – A. Schulman Inc. (Nasdaq-GS: SHLM), a leading international supplier of high-performance plastic compounds and resins, will present its broad range of products at the Fakuma plastics processing exhibition on October 14-18, 2014, in Friedrichshafen, Germany. Moreover, A. Schulman will showcase the product portfolios of several of the Company's recent acquisitions: The Perrite Group, Ferro Corporation's Specialty Plastics business and Compco Pty. Ltd. Under the booth theme of "Passion for Plastics," A. Schulman will be located in Booth B1 - 1112.
"During the past year, we've been honored to receive special recognition from several suppliers, including the Robert Bosch and Brose Supplier Performance awards. The Fakuma trade fair offers us the opportunity to present some of these award-winning, industry-leading solutions to our trade show visitors," says Heinrich Lingnau, Vice President, General Manager, Europe, Middle East and Africa, A. Schulman. "In addition to our proven existing high-performance materials, we will introduce a new biodegradable resin for flexible cosmetics packaging and PC/ABS materials for fiberglass replacement in sporting goods. Our wide range of materials and our market expertise enable us to deliver customized solutions and improve our customers' performance for their sustainable growth."
A. Schulman's materials on display at Fakuma 2014 address a wide variety of markets and applications, including:
• Lightweight solutions for metal replacement and to replace standard glass fiber-reinforced nylon 6 materials;
• Polymer alloy compounds that generate high-value, paint-free plastic parts in both matte and high-gloss surface finishes;
• Highly versatile, semi-crystalline engineering thermoplastics that combine chemical and hydrolysis resistance, low creep tendency, high wear resistance, resilience and strong barrier properties;
• Pioneering thermoplastic materials that replace fiberglass in sporting goods applications;
• Coating powders that are designed for building and construction applications including rigid fencing;
• New biodegradable composites that are used for flexible plastic tubes in cosmetics packaging;
• Flame-retardant solutions, including halogen-free flame-retardant masterbatches used in polyethylene film and rotomolding powders for Class V0 and M2 flame retardants.
About A. Schulman, Inc.
A. Schulman, Inc. is a leading international supplier of high-performance plastic compounds and resins headquartered in Akron, Ohio. Since 1928, the Company has been providing innovative solutions to meet its customers' demanding requirements. The Company's customers span a wide range of markets such as packaging, mobility, building construction, electronics electrical, agriculture, personal care hygiene, sports, leisure home, custom services and others. The Company employs approximately 3,800 people and has 44 manufacturing facilities globally. A. Schulman reported net sales of $2.1 billion for the fiscal year ended August 31, 2013. Additional information about A. Schulman can be found at www.aschulman.com.
SOURCE A. Schulman, Inc.
Media in Europe:
External Communications Manager EMEA
Schulman International Services BVBA
Londerzeel B-1840, Belgium
Tel. +32 (0)52 750 576
Web Site: http://www.aschulman.com