Press Release Summary:
Linear Position Sensor mounts completely inside any cylinder and can be configured to cylinder strokes beyond 4 ft. It is virtually immune to shock and vibration, and does not exhibit end-of-stroke dead zone. Sensor is 2.25 in. high x 2.4 in. in diameter, and utilizes precision mechanism that couples translation of hydraulic cylinder to non-contacting sensor element.
Original Press Release:
Absolute Position Sensing for Any Hydraulic Cylinder
Control Products, Inc, of East Hanover, NJ has developed the first linear position sensor for hydraulic cylinders which:
* mounts completely inside any cylinder
* does not require core drilling of the piston rod
* can be configured to cylinder strokes beyond 4 feet
* is vehicle hardened; conforms to ASAE EP455
* is virtually immune to shock and vibration
* does not exhibit an end-of-stroke dead zone inherent in other sensors
The sensor is about half the size of a soda can (2.25" high x 2.4" dia.), and utilizes a precision mechanism that couples the translation of a hydraulic cylinder to a non-contacting sensor element.
Installation method allows cylinder designs to remain virtually unchanged and the sensor is easily integrated into a high-volume hydraulic cylinder production environment.
The first release of the sensor will accommodate cylinder bores of 3 inches and over, and stroke lengths up to 4 feet.