Holland, MI -- Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer has issued Executive Order 2020-21 (COVID-19) directing all non-essential Michigan businesses and operations to temporarily suspend in-person operations that are not necessary to sustain or protect life. The order goes into effect on March 24, 2020 at 12:01 a.m. and will stay in effect for at least the next three weeks.
This announcement is to inform you that National Bulk Equipment, Inc. (NBE) will remain open and will continue to ship products to our customers.
The federal government has declared the food and agriculture sector, along with their supporting industries, to be a part of the nation's Critical Industry Infrastructure. The food and agriculture industry has been designated a Critical Infrastructure Segment under Presidential Policy Directive 21 and Department of Homeland Security emergency readiness programs implementing the USA PATRIOT Act of 2001. 42 U.S.C. § 5195c(e). It is therefore the policy of the United States government that these industries continue to function with minimal disruption in the event of an emergency. Furthermore, in a March 16, 2020 guidance, the President of the United States instructed employees of Critical Infrastructure Industries, including the food and agriculture sector, to continue to perform their normal job functions during the coronavirus pandemic.
The President’s Coronavirus Guidelines for America (Mar. 16, 2020)
Memorandum On Identification Of Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers During COVID-19 Response (Mar. 19, 2020)
Because NBE supports many companies in the food and agriculture sector as well as healthcare, pharmaceutical, life sciences, and chemical, NBE is part of the nation's Critical Industry Infrastructure and will remain open.
NBE is constantly monitoring all developments of the COVID-19 crisis and has taken steps to mitigate the spread of this disease by:
- Having all NBE employees who can work from home, do so.
- Implementing tele-commuting and staggered-shift policies for employees that need to be at NBE.
- Disinfecting and sanitizing our office spaces by using a fogging technology that creates an EPA-approved process and several daily wipe downs to create a safe and hygienic environment.
- Using Microsoft Teams for all inter-company meetings and staff communications.
- Implementing and reminding all employees to follow basic personal hygiene measures relevant to this virus such as regular handwashing.
- Enforcing distancing procedures at work.
- Spreading out workstations to increase our distancing requirements.
About NBE Holdings Company
NBE Holdings Company, based in Holland, Michigan, is a privately held corporation. The NBE Holdings Company portfolio of companies includes National Bulk Equipment, Inc. and Brawn Mixer. Employing over 200 staff members, the companies of NBE Holdings Company design, engineer, manufacture, automate, and integrate bulk material handling systems for dry and liquid processing operations, and fluid mixing systems for liquid processing operations. The processing projects and systems of National Bulk Equipment and Brawn Mixer bring optimal process performance to end customers, engineering firms, integrators, and OEMs in industries including food, beverage, pharmaceutical, chemical, and ingredients processing.