- Application Optimized Computing Platforms Support Increasing Demands for 3D CG and Interactive Media
SAN JOSE, Calif. - Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI), a global leader in high-performance, high-efficiency server, storage technology and green computing exhibits its lineup of systems optimized for computer graphics and interactive techniques at Siggraph 2013 in Anaheim, California this week. Server, blade, workstation and high-density storage solutions optimized for 3D, CG, VFX, render farm clusters, video wall control, VDI, CAD/CAM and advanced visualization applications will be highlighted at the show.
"Increased adoption of computer generated content and 3D visualization in media, entertainment and research fields is driving demand for higher performance computing and mass storage solutions," said Charles Liang, President and CEO of Supermicro. "Our enterprise-class server, workstation and storage solutions support the widest range of graphics and simulation intensive applications with up to five GPUs in our SuperWorkstations, six GPUs in our 2U SuperServers, twelve GPUs in our FatTwin and twenty GPUs in our SuperBlade. With Supermicro's 4U high-density, high-bandwidth 72 external hot-swap 3.5" HDD storage server, instant access and high availability of even the largest files or data sets streamlines workflow and enhances productivity."
Computing and Storage Solutions include:
- SYS-F627G3-FT+ (http://www.supermicro.com/products/system/4u/f627/sys-f627g3-ft_.cfm) / G2-FT+ (http://www.supermicro.com/products/system/4u/f627/sys-f627g2-ft_.cfm) 4U FatTwin™ with 4x hot-plug nodes supporting 12x GPU or Intel® Xeon Phi™ Coprocessors (3x per node). Available with front I/O and 2x 3.5" or 6x 2.5" hot-swap HDD bays. Features 1620W redundant Platinum Level high-efficiency (94%+) power supplies.
- SYS-2027GR-TRF (http://www.supermicro.com/products/system/2u/2027/sys-2027gr-trf.cfm) 2U SuperServer® supporting 6x GPU or Intel® Xeon Phi™ Coprocessors, dual Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 series processors (up to 130W TDP), up to 256GB memory and 10x hot-swap 2.5" SATA3 HDD bays. Features 1800W redundant Platinum Level high-efficiency (94%+) power supplies and smart server management tools.
- SYS-1027GR-TRT2+ (http://www.supermicro.com/products/system/1U/1027/SYS-1027GR-TRT2_.cfm) 1U SuperServer® supporting 3x GPU or Intel® Xeon Phi™ Coprocessors, dual Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 series processors (up to 130W TDP), up to 512GB memory and 4x hot-swap 2.5" SATA3 HDD bays. Features 1600W redundant Platinum Level high-efficiency (94%+) power supplies and smart server management tools.
- 7U SuperBlade® (http://www.supermicro.com/SuperBlade) Solution - The all-in-one SuperBlade features redundant Platinum Level high-efficiency (94%+) power supplies and high bandwidth connectivity through network switch modules(http://www.supermicro.com/products/SuperBlade/networking), including 56Gb/s FDR IB (SBM-IBS-F3616M), FC/FCoE (SBM-XEM-F8X4SM), 10GbE (SBM-XEM-X10SM) and 1/10GbE (SBM-GEM-X3S+). SBI-7127RG-E (http://www.supermicro.com/products/superblade/module/sbi-7127rg-e.cfm) Blade supports 2x GPUs or Intel® Xeon Phi™ Coprocessors, dual Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 series processors, up to 256GB memory, 1x SSD or 1x SATA-DOM and onboard BMC for IPMI 2.0 support. 10x blades in 7U SuperBlade® chassis scale to best density (120x GPU or Intel® Xeon Phi™ Coprocessors and 120x CPUs) and performance (188 TFLOPS theoretical) per 42U SuperRack® (http://www.supermicro.com/SuperRack).
- SYS-7047AX-TRF (http://www.supermicro.com/products/system/4u/7047/sys-7047ax-trf.cfm) 4U/Tower Hyper-Speed (http://www.supermicro.com/products/nfo/Hyper-Speed.cfm) workstation features hardware and airflow optimizations to enhance the performance of dual Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 series processors (up to 150W TDP). BIOS customization provides auto-recovery failsafe operation, adjustable frequencies, voltages and memory latencies. Supports up to 512GB memory, 8x hot-swap 3.5" HDD bays, remote server management tools and features 1280W redundant Platinum Level high-efficiency (95%) digital switching power supplies.
- SYS-7047GR-TRF (http://www.supermicro.com/products/system/4u/7047/sys-7047gr-trf.cfm) Ultimate performance and expandability with support for up to 5x GPU or 4x Intel® Xeon Phi™ Coprocessors, dual Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 series processors, up to 512GB memory and 8x hot-swap 3.5" HDD bays. Features 1620W redundant Platinum Level high-efficiency (94%) power supplies.
- SYS-7037A-i (http://www.supermicro.com/products/system/tower/7037/sys-7037a-i.cfm) High-end, whisper-quiet (24db) workstation supports dual Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 series processors, up to 512GB memory, 3x PCI-E 3.0 x16 expansion slots, 4x 3.5" hot-swap HDD bays and optional 4x 2.5" internal HDD/SDD bays.
- SYS-5037A-i (http://www.supermicro.com/products/system/tower/5037/sys-5037a-i.cfm) Entry-level, single processor workstation supporting Intel® Xeon® E5-1600/2600 series processors, up to 256GB memory, 2x PCI-E 3.0 x16 expansion slots, 4x 3.5" hot-swap HDD bays and optional 4x 2.5" internal HDD/SDD bays.
- SSG-6047R-E1R72L (http://www.supermicro.com/products/system/4u/6047/ssg-6047r-e1r72l.cfm) 4U high-density Double-Sided Storage® server features 72x 3.5" external hot-swap HDDs with 2x internal fixed plus 2x optional external 2.5" HDDs. Supports dual Intel Xeon E5-2600 series processors, up to 512GB memory, 4x PCI-E 3.0 x8 expansion slots. Features triple 1280W (2+1) Platinum Level high-efficiency (95%) power supplies.
Visit Supermicro at Siggraph 2013, July 23 - 25 at the Anaheim Convention Center, Booth #321. For more information on Supermicro's complete line of high performance computing and storage solutions, visit www.supermicro.com.
Follow Supermicro on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/Supermicro) and Twitter (http://twitter.com/Supermicro_SMCI) to receive their latest news and announcements.
About Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Supermicro® (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and Embedded Systems worldwide. Supermicro is committed to protecting the environment through its "We Keep IT Green®" initiative and provides customers with the most energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly solutions available on the market.
Supermicro, FatTwin, SuperServer, SuperBlade, SuperRack, Double-Sided Storage and Building Block Solutions and We Keep IT Green are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Super Micro Computer, Inc.
All other brands, names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Super Micro Computer, Inc.