Press Release Summary:
Coupling networking opportunities with inspiring IML Talks and Deeper Dives, PTDA 2016 Industry Summit was conducted with Seven hundred and fifty people from power transmission/motion control industry and 590 delegates. Summit included with cutting edge presentations on tools and information to Lead in Disruptive Times and panel discussions on VP marketing, IBT Industrial Solutions were conducted and schedule of 2017 PTDA Joint Industry Summit was announced.
Original Press Release:
PTDA 2016 Industry Summit Participants Lead in Disruptive Times
Seven hundred and fifty people from the power transmission/motion control (PT/MC) industry, including nearly 590 delegates, came together October 19-22 in San Diego, Calif., where tools and information to Lead in Disruptive Times were delivered through cutting edge presentations, the latest in business and market information and a venue to help build the networks that are so critical to business success.
The PTDA 2016 Industry Summit, held at the Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina, is now history, but many predict the conference will have lasting reverberations as industry leaders take home what they learned and implement new ideas in their industrial distribution and manufacturing businesses from over 12 countries.
“Participation in the PTDA Industry Summit is the most effective way to build relationships and make connections in the power transmission/motion control industry. Coupling the networking opportunities with the inspiring IML Talks and Deeper Dives as well as the economic outlook from Alan Beaulieu makes this meeting a business requirement," said LeRoy Burcroff, VP sales, Bearing Service Inc., Livonia, Mich., who is currently serving as president for the Association.
Sean Hickey, president, Lafert North America, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, who serves as chair of the PTDA Manufacturer Council echoed that sentiment, “The quality of the networking events is second to none. Every year, it surpasses our expectations!" he said.
PTDA 2016 Industry Summit at a Glance
• Held October 19-22, 2016, at Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina, San Diego, Calif.
• Theme: Lead in Disruptive Times
• Outside of the United States, international participants attended from Belgium, Canada, China, Costa Rica, Finland, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Philippines, Poland and the United Kingdom
Industry Summit Highlights:
• The prestigious Warren Pike Award was presented by PTDA to Keith Nowak, president, MPT Drives, Inc., Madison Heights, Mich.
• The Wendy B. McDonald Award was presented by the PTDA Foundation to Linda Miller, VP IT & HR, B & D Industrial, Macon, Ga.
• Alan Beaulieu of ITR Economics provided industry-specific management objectives and accompanying recommendations to guide PTDA members through the next few years
• MD-IDEX was well attended with over 612 pre-scheduled meetings during the four-hour formal networking program and countless unscheduled and impromptu meet-ups
• The format of IML Talks with Deeper Dives allowed participants the opportunity to hear three powerful presentations and truly benefit from the depth of the speakers’ experiences. What they found:
o Mark “The Sales Hunter” Hunter delivered powerful reasons why every member of your team needs to see themselves as a leader.
o A panel discussion with Jeff Cloud, VP marketing, IBT Industrial Solutions; Ellen Holladay, SVP CIO OE officer, Motion Industries Inc. and Kristin Jennings, director marketing, Climax Metal Products Company challenged members to consider the ramifications of having five generations working side-by-side for the first time in history. Follow-up Deeper Dive sessions were moderated by industry veteran Tribby Warfield, Sr. VP & GM automation control & energy, Kaman Industrial Technologies Corporation, which allowed delegates to talk through the issues faced in their organizations and share their findings and best practices.
o Michael Abrashoff, the former commander of the U.S.S. Benfold, wowed participants with his stories of transforming the lowest performing crew in the Pacific Fleet to the best and translated how his lessons-learned also applied to leading an industrial company.
• The PTDA Foundation Milton B. Schott, Jr. Memorial Open, in support of the PTDA Foundation's work to attract right-fit individuals to careers in industrial distribution, raised over $17,000.
• PTDA spouses/companions and delegates raised $3,225 for the San Diego-based Children of Fallen Patriots Foundation.
• PTDA member companies pledged $61,000 in contributions to the PTDA Foundation, supporting the work of Industrial Careers Pathway® (ICP).
• PTDA Next Gen (those aged 40 and under) held a special event identifying 20 new Next Gen members to participate in future Association activities.
• PTDA’s Women in the Industry (WITI) group sponsored a meet-up to help women connect with other women working in the field and also to network with any industry professionals who chose to attend.
To celebrate a week of great work, participants were invited to “Get Wild” at the San Diego Zoo where they got up close and personal with some of the more docile species over dinner, music and networking.
Looking to 2017
The NIBA/PTDA Joint Industry Summit will be held September 27-30, 2017, at The Diplomat Beach Resort, Hollywood, Fla.
The Power Transmission Distributors Association (PTDA) is the leading global association for the industrial power transmission/motion control (PT/MC) distribution channel. Headquartered in Chicago, PTDA represents power transmission/motion control distribution firms that generate more than $16 billion in sales and span over 3,400 locations. PTDA members also include manufacturers that supply the PT/MC industry.
PTDA is dedicated to providing exceptional networking, targeted education, relevant information and leading-edge business tools to help distributors and manufacturers meet marketplace demands competitively and profitably. For more information, call +1.312.516.2100, visit ptda.org.
Power Transmission Distributors Association (PTDA)