Piab’s new piSAFE® program enables new benefits in applications where safety, flexibility, speed and performance are key. The solutions in the piSAFE® program are developed to provide configurable and low weight products that can be adapted to your specific needs.
Hingham, MA - While maintaining market leading vacuum performance thorough Piab’s patented COAX® technology the flexible design and ease of maintenance makes it a perfect choice for challenging robotic applications and ergonomic handling devices where safety is a key concern. Whether you want a centralized or decentralized vacuum gripping system, interfaces towards common (industrial standard) EOAT systems or stand-alone mounting, the piSAFE® program provides a high vacuum safety and high performing configuration specified for you.
piSAFE® program key benefits:
- Vacuum safety non-return valve (check valve) which holds vacuum in sealed applications in case of a system or power failure
- Available configurations suitable for both centralized and decentralized vacuum systems
- Can replace more expensive mechanical or vacuum-tank safety arrangements in robotic tools and ergonomic equipment
- Suitable in robotic applications where high demand of safety is required
- Suitable for ergonomic lifting devices/manipulators and cranes which must comply with lifting norms such as (DIN/SS) – EN 13155 and ASME Standard B30.20
- Through the energy saving features, the noise level is reduced as well as the carbon footprint
- Air consumption is reduced up to 98% per cycle
- Light-weight materials lower the weight for EOAT and ensure less wear on robotic motors and drive with a possibility for increased speed/acceleration or a smaller, cheaper robot
piSAFE® program key features:
- Configurable with vacuum ejectors based on COAX® technology with integrated control functions for energy-saving and release
- Vacuum sensing port included for easy installation of good-to-go switch
- Configurable with different types of release functions supporting maximum release speed and air-consumption free release
- Configurable with multiple mounting options
- The modular design facilitates opportunities for easy maintenance, quick connect options and is fit for application configurations
Piab is evolving automation through progressive gripping, lifting and moving solutions and has done so since 1951. We believe in an automated world, where no resources are wasted, and no humans are injured. With annual sales of ~ 175 million USD, 650 employees and a global presence in more than 100 countries, we help our customers improve their operations for the better on a daily basis. Since 2018, Piab is owned by Patricia Industries, part of Investor AB.
For more information
Mike Tuohey, Marketing Activation Manager, Americas
(800) 321 7422 email@example.com