Stay up to date on industry news and trends, product announcements and the latest innovations.
Products in the News
Original Press Release
Johnson Controls Brings Innovative New Technologies to 2017 AHR Expo
Press release date: Nov 17, 2016
Company’s expanded portfolio advances energy efficiency and increases building intelligence
MILWAUKEE - (Nov. 17, 2016) - Johnson Controls will showcase several innovative new technologies at the 2017 AHR Expo, January 30 to February 1 in Las Vegas (booth numbers C2929, C3124 and C3329). The technologies include Verasys™, YORK® YVFA chiller, YORK EcoAdvance, BlueStream™ Hybrid Cooling System and VRF Smart Gateway.
These technologies are designed to advance energy efficiency and increase building intelligence:
- Verasys™ is the first plug-and-play experience that integrates heating, ventilation, air-conditioning and refrigeration (HVACR) equipment and controls. This one-source procurement system provides a simple user experience with configurable controllers that seamlessly connect to all mechanical and electrical equipment, controls and sensors, without requiring programming tools. The result is unprecedented real-time, remote access to critical information to ensure energy efficiency and lower operating costs throughout a building’s lifecycle. Verasys empowers contractors to offer a complete package/bundled solution of smart equipment, controls and mobile user experience.
- The YORK YVFA free-cooling air-cooled screw chiller is a finalist in the Cooling category of the 2017 AHR Expo Innovation Awards competition. Available in nominal sizes 150-450 yielding more than 600TR (2110kW), the YVFA provides the industry with the first AHRI-certified, integrated variable-speed drive (VSD) screw chiller with free cooling. The chiller’s advanced technologies include VSD compressors that ensure efficient operation across all cooling-load and ambient temperature conditions. Its integrated high-efficiency, air-to-air liquid free-cooling coils reduce or eliminate the need for mechanical cooling when ambient conditions allow, and intelligent controls optimize energy use year-round, constantly evaluating conditions and controlling bypass valves to reduce pump energy when free cooling is not available.
- YORK EcoAdvance™ is the first HVAC industry technology that captures and removes molecular contaminants from indoor air and manages the flow of outside air into a building. Integrated controls manage the flow of outside air into a building, which substantially reduces HVAC peak loads by more than 40 percent and achieves an average 20 percent in annual energy cost savings. As a result, the technology substantially reduces heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) loads and energy costs. The YORK EcoAdvance won the prestigious 2016 R&D 100 Award, an international competition that recognizes the 100 most technologically significant products introduced over the past year.
- The Johnson Controls BlueStream™ Hybrid Cooling System is a new industry-leading solution that reduces water consumption in traditional cooling tower systems by 25 to 80 percent compared to all-evaporative heat rejection systems. BlueStream features an innovative thermosyphon cooler, a unique solution that addresses water and energy challenges. In addition to reducing water consumption, BlueStream maintains peak process output and energy efficiency on the hottest summer days, helping customers achieve a balance between air-cooled and water-cooled heat rejection systems, while reducing water use and operating costs.
- An industry first, the Johnson Controls VRF (Variable Refrigerant Flow) Smart Gateway provides unprecedented control for network management centers. Offering fast, simple integration into the Metasys® building management system, the small yet powerful gateway brings data for all YORK VRF components into a building management system for comprehensive control of the entire system. Data is available in any format and on-demand from any connected device. The VRF Smart Gateway works over Ethernet to discover all data points from YORK VRF indoor and outdoor units.
In addition to the new technologies being launched at AHR Expo, Johnson Controls will feature a presentation theater, where subject matter experts will present on a variety of industry-related topics. For more information, visit booth numbers C2929, C3124 and C3329 or the Johnson Controls website at www.johnsoncontrols.com.
About Johnson Controls
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 135,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com.
About Johnson Controls’ Building Technologies & Solutions
Johnson Controls’ Building Technologies & Solutions has an unmatched portfolio of HVACR products and solutions to create more comfortable, safe and efficient buildings. Operating in more than 150 countries through a strong network of distribution channels, Building Technologies & Solutions’ breadth of offerings help building owners, operators, engineers and consultants impact the full lifecycle of a building. Its market leadership is established through trusted brands such as YORK®, Sabroe® and Metasys® as well as its smart building integration capabilities and energy financing solutions. For more information, visit www.johnsoncontrols.com.
Public Relations Program Manager
Johnson Controls,Building Technologies & Solutions
Work + 1 414 524 6170
Mobile + 1 414 378 9641