STUART, Fla., January 3, 2018 - General Micro Systems (GMS) East has been named the 2017 Business of the Year from the Business Development Board of Martin County, Florida (BDBMC). GMS, whose East Coast offices are based in Stuart, Fla., is the industry expert in highest-density, modular, compute-intensive, and rugged small form-factor embedded computing systems, servers and switches for defense, aerospace, medical, industrial and energy exploration applications.
The BDBMC, Martin County's official economic development organization and Enterprise Florida, Inc. partner, said GMS and the other companies recognized in various categories within the Business Appreciation Awards “provide quality jobs, help expand the local tax base, and, due to the contributory nature of their businesses, help drive positive economic activity in virtually all sectors of our local economy.”
In announcing the award, GMS and the company’s CEO Ben Sharfi was cited as having “demonstrated business excellence, leadership and vision....[raising] the bar for other high tech businesses to follow” in Martin County.
- GMS East wins Business of the Year from Martin County, Florida.
- CEO Ben Sharfi: “We expect 2018 to be even better, with more growth as we work to increase our business further into non-military commercial applications that require the rugged servers and other technologies that only GMS can provide.”
- More information at www.gms4sbc.com
“We couldn’t ask for a better location - or better people - for our East Coast operations than what we’ve found here in Martin County,” Sharfi said. “This has been an incredible year for GMS, and we expect 2018 to be even better, with more growth here as we work to increase our business further into non-military commercial applications that require the rugged servers and other technologies that only GMS can provide.”
Over the past year, GMS has:
- Won a prime contract - estimated at $88 million over three years - wherein the U.S. Army will deploy powerful rugged server and display systems exclusively from GMS to run multifunction video display (MVD) software within Type II medium mine protection vehicles (MMPV).
- Introduced the S402-LC/SW, a fully sealed, low-cost, and small-size rugged conduction-cooled family of servers for harsh military/defense/aerospace environments as well as industrial and commercial platforms. These servers use the same high-performing Intel® Xeon® E5 processors that Apple® is shipping in its latest “Pro” products.
- Hired Kevin Kryzda to lead the GMS East office, focusing on expanding the company’s rugged server and enterprise equipment into commercial, non-defense markets.
- The Award letter and photograph of CEO Ben Sharfi accepting the award from Tim Dougher, executive director of BDBMC, can be found at http://www.gms4sbc.com/press/business/
- For more information regarding GMS products, please visit http://www.gms4sbc.com/
About General Micro Systems:
General Micro Systems (GMS) is the industry expert in highest-density, modular, compute-intensive, and rugged small form-factor embedded computing systems, servers, and switches. These powerful systems are ideal for demanding C4ISR defense, aerospace, medical, industrial, and energy exploration applications. GMS is an IEC, ISO, AS9100, NIST-800-171, and MIL-SPEC supplier with infrastructure and operations for long-life, spec-controlled, and configuration-managed programs. Designed from the ground up to provide the highest performance and functionality in the harshest environments on the planet, the company’s highly customizable products include GMS Rugged DNA™ with patented RuggedCool™ cooling technology. GMS is also the leader in deployable high-end Intel® processors and a proud Intel® partner since 1986. For more information, visit www.gms4sbc.com