Leesburg, VA. – American Wood Council (AWC) today announced the election of Charles Ingram Lumber Co. Vice President T. Furman Brodie as the Chairman of AWC Board of Directors for a one-year term, effective January 1, 2021.
Newly appointed President & CEO of PotlatchDeltic Eric Cremers was elected First Vice-Chairman, and President & CEO of TR Miller Mill Company Ricky Stanley was elected as Second Vice-Chairman. LP Corporation’s Executive Vice President Neil Sherman will serve as the Immediate Past Chairman.
Fred Stimpson, President of Canfor Southern Pine, was elected to a third two-year term.
“Neil has provided extraordinary leadership in a year filled with challenges related to the COVID-19 pandemic, guiding efforts to ensure the industry and supply chain were considered essential and that the association remained fiscally sound and viable in what were uncertain times. He has also overseen AWC’s first-ever CEO transition and has been actively engaged in ensuring it goes smoothly. Not many AWC Chairs have had to face as many challenges, and we have been fortunate that Neil was at the helm in this unprecedented time,” said AWC President & CEO Jackson Morrill.
About incoming Chairman Furman Brodie, Morrill said, “Furman has been in the wood products industry for over 28 years and has served on the AWC board for four years. He has an extensive history of service to the wood products industry, assuming significant leadership roles on many association boards. I look forward to working with him as Chairman as we prepare for the opportunities and challenges to come in 2021.”
The full AWC board of directors includes:
- Chairman Furman Brodie, Charles Ingram Lumber Co.;
- First Vice-Chairman Eric Cremers, PotlatchDeltic;
- Second Vice-Chairman Ricky Stanley, TR Miller Mill;
- Immediate Past Chairman Neil Sherman, LP Corporation;
- and, Marc Brinkmeyer, Idaho Forest Group; Mike Dawson, Norbord, Inc.; George Emmerson, Sierra Pacific; Allyn Ford, Roseburg Forest Products; Nate Jorgensen, Boise Cascade; Fritz Mason, Georgia Pacific; Kevin McKinley, Canadian Wood Council; Sean McLaren, West Fraser; Andrew Miller, Stimson Lumber; Keith O’Rear, Weyerhaeuser Company; Joe Patton, Westervelt; Todd Payne, Seneca Sawmill; and Fred Stimpson, Canfor Southern Pine.
The American Wood Council (AWC) is the voice of North American wood products manufacturing, an industry that over 450,000 men and women in the United States with family-wage jobs. AWC represents 86 percent of the structural wood products industry, and members make products that are essential to everyday life from a renewable resource that absorbs and sequesters carbon. Staff experts develop state-of-the-art engineering data, technology, and standards for wood products to assure their safe and efficient design, as well as provide information on wood design, green building, and environmental regulations. AWC also advocates for balanced government policies that affect wood products.
Vice President, Communications