Astro Machine Works, Inc. has now achieved an upgrade of its Quality Management System by TUV SUD America to ISO 9001:2015 and AS9100D effective 5/9/2018.
The 2015 version of ISO 9001 is less prescriptive than its predecessors and focuses on performance. Some of the key changes include:
- High-Level Structure of 10 clauses is implemented. Now all new standard released by ISO will have this High-level structure.
- Greater emphasis on building a management system suited to each organization's particular needs
- A requirement that those at the top of an organization be involved and accountable, aligning quality with wider business strategy
- Risk-based thinking throughout the standard makes the whole management system a preventive tool and encourages continuous improvement
- Less prescriptive requirements for documentation: the organization can now decide what documented information it needs and what format it should be in.
The update of AS9100 from revision C to D includes the full text of ISO 9001:2015. In addition to aligning the structure of the aviation, space and defense requirements to the new structure of ISO 9001:2015, the following key changes were implemented:
- Product Safety was added
- Counterfeit Parts Prevention was added
- Risk clause was merged with the new ISO 9001 risk requirements along with an increased emphasis on risks in operational processes
- Awareness clause was added with reinforced requirements for awareness of individual contribution to product and service quality and safety along with ethical behavior
- Human Factors are included as a consideration in nonconformity management and corrective action
Astro Machine Works Inc. is a 100% Employee Owned (ESOP) custom machine builder and leader in prototype machining and CNC Machining of Metals and Plastics. Astro covers a wide range of industries including Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical, Medical, Aerospace, Food Processing, Government & Telecommunications. We are constantly upgrading our machining capabilities and quality to provide exceptional value to our customers. We will continue to provide superior solutions through our dedicated people and innovative technology. For more information, visit www.astromachineworks.com , call (717) 738-4281 or email Brian Hess email@example.com .