AMCA International Revises Certified Ratings Program Operating Manual
Arlington Heights, Ill., February 3, 2023---Air Movement and Control Association (AMCA) International Inc. announces the release of AMCA Publication 11-22, Certified Ratings Program Operating Manual.
AMCA Publication 11 is the operating manual for the AMCA International Certified Ratings Program (CRP), a globally recognized third-party program providing assurance that published data for air-movement and control products are accurate. AMCA Publication 11-22 supersedes AMCA Publication 11-16.
Changes to AMCA Publication 11 include:
- The addition of a procedure for certifying identical products.
- The addition of an allowance for approved third-party laboratories to perform check tests under the oversight of AMCA staff.
- Clarified and updated failed-check-test procedures.
- The addition of a requirement that AMCA staff review all electronic product-selection programs (EPSP) every 12 months.
- The addition of an allowance for approved third-party laboratories to perform tests.
- The addition of penalties for accumulated program violations.
- The addition of requirements for the use of QR codes.
- The addition of a requirement that AMCA-reviewed printouts of approved EPSP be included in the AMCA directory.
AMCA Publication 11-22 is available at no cost. To download a copy, click here.
For more information about AMCA Publication 11-22, contact Director of Publications and Standards Joe Brooks, PE, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Senior Manager, Publications and Standards Shruti Kohli-Bhargava at email@example.com. For information about the AMCA CRP, contact Certified Ratings Program Manager Charlie Meyers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About AMCA International
Air Movement and Control Association (AMCA) International Inc. is a not-for-profit association of manufacturers of fans, dampers, louvers, air curtains, and other air-system components for commercial HVAC, industrial-process, and power-generation applications. With programs such as certified ratings, laboratory accreditation, verification of compliance, and international-standards development, its mission is to advance the knowledge, growth, and integrity of the air-movement-and-control air-systems industry. For more information, visit www.amca.org.
Director of Marketing, Membership, and Education