Dimensional Metrology Company Makes Multiple Strategic Hires, Opens New Facilities Across the U.S. and Introduces a Number of Innovative Products
PROVIDENCE, RI – January 29, 2019 – Mahr Inc., a leading provider of dimensional metrology solutions, closed a record year of success in 2018—including adding multiple key hires, opening new facilities across the United States, and introducing a number of innovative products.
The company added 30 new employees in 2018, including a number of senior level positions. Strategic hires included: Chris Wichern, product manager for 3D Surface Metrology; Brad Frost, national distribution manager; Dan Cavalieri, customer resource center manager; Rebekah Bruhn, health, safety, environmental and quality manager; Doug Klein, regional sales manager; Michael Plante, project manager – Engineered Solutions; and Tim Prentice, district sales manager, as well as many others within its assembly, manufacturing, quality and accounting departments. Additionally, the company expanded across the United States with new facilities and a demo center located in Greenville, SC. Additionally, a new customer center in Wixon, MI will be opening in the first quarter of 2019.
“I’m really pleased with the overall performance of last year, between winning significant orders and generating growth,” said Brett Green, VP of Sales Americas / CEO & President of Mahr Inc.
“As we look ahead to 2019, our new customer centers will play a key role as we continue to roll out a regional structure, which focuses on being local to our customers.”
2018 was also a record year in terms of new product releases from Mahr, including:
- MarSurf CM Systems: Innovative confocal technology with high-precision 16-bit HDR technology that delivers high-resolution 3D surface topography data—enabling new insights into surface structures and processing.
- MarSurf CD Series: The CD series takes contour measurement to never-before-seen levels of speed, flexibility and precision, allowing users to improve the manufacturing quality of workpieces with faster throughput, higher accuracy and flexibility for a broader range of workpieces.
- Micrometer 40 EWRi-L: Part of the expanded range of Mahr’s Micromar 40 series digital micrometers, the Micromar 40 EWRi-L micrometer features a high-speed measuring spindle positioning, allows for making measurements 10 times faster than a standard micrometer when numerous different dimensions need to be measured on one workpiece.
- Cockpit Software: An interactive new MarWin-based gaging software that allow users to configure and implement simple to complex gaging solutions quickly and cost effectively. The system is designed to meet the ID, OD, length and simulated form measurement needs of today's manufacturing environment where speed to implementation, long- or short-runs or quick changeovers are becoming the industry standard.
- Precimar Optimar 100: A proven solution for testing dial and digital indicators, test indicators and dial comparators, with image processing for the automated testing of measuring equipment. The automated procedure saves time and replaces the exhausting and error-prone reading by the operator.
Furthermore, Mahr continued to express its commitment to the Providence, R.I. community, participating in local programs including Back to School Donations for Alan Shawn Feinstein School; Earth Day Neighborhood Clean-up; CCAP RI Adopt a Family Donations; Donations to Hasbro Children’s Hospital telethon; Blood Drives; and as a Capstone Project Sponsor with URI School of Engineering.
About Mahr Inc.
When customers are faced with a metrology need, they turn to Mahr Inc., for unmatched industry expertise. Mahr Inc.’s knowledgeable, experienced team has made the company a leader in precision measurement for more than a century.
Mahr Inc., a member of the Mahr Group, has been providing dimensional measurement solutions to fit customer application needs for more than 150 years. The company manufactures and markets a wide variety of dimensional metrology equipment, from simple and easy-to-use handheld gages to technically advanced measurement systems for form, contour, surface finish and length. Mahr Inc. is also well known as a producer of custom-designed gages and a provider of calibration and contract measurement services. Mahr Inc.’s calibration laboratories are accredited to ISO/IEC 17025:2005 NVLAP Lab Code 200605-0 (see our Scope of Accreditation for accredited calibration processes). For more information, visit www.mahr.com
1144 Eddy Street
Providence, RI 02905 USA
2 Charles St.
Providence, RI 02904 USA