Product News: Communication Systems & Equipment
Spread Spectrum Radio targets alternative energy markets.
Press Release Summary:
June 2, 2010 - Model FGR2-PE spread spectrum radio offers 2 ports each of active serial and Ethernet wireless connectors for long distance communication in Smart Grid applications. It also provides AES encryption and low power consumption, making it suitable for remote use. Industrial-grade, small, rugged enclosure offers mounting and installation options. Radio is suitable for use in alternative energy markets as well as SCADA applications in markets such as water/wastewater and oil and gas.
Original Press Release
FreeWave Technologies' FGR2-PE Now Available for Alternative Energy Applications
Press release date: May 24, 2010
- Transition to IP-based communications without replacing other hardware such as RTUs.
- Compatibility with other FreeWave FGRplus family radios.
- Two Ethernet ports and two serial ports immediately activated and at NO ADDITIONAL COST.
- Best-in-class wireless serial or Ethernet communication over long distances and in difficult RF environments all in addressable, secure IP.
- Low power consumption, which makes it suitable for remote installations and leads to significant cost savings.
- An industrial-grade, small and rugged enclosure that offers mounting and installation versatility.
- Integrated security options (e.g. AES encryption) and proprietary spread spectrum technology. The FGR2-PE radios are available immediately for shipment. Additional information is available online at http://freewave.com/products/product-274.html or by contacting FreeWave at 866-923-9948. About FreeWave Technologies Founded in 1993, FreeWave Technologies manufactures the most reliable, high performing, lowest power consumption, spread spectrum and licensed radios for mission-critical data transmission. Through engineering excellence and a relentless commitment to best-in-class manufacturing, FreeWave customers enjoy superior radio up-time, range and the lowest cost of ownership available. Based in Boulder, Colorado, FreeWave designs and manufactures radios that are the leading choice for oil and gas, utility, military and numerous other industrial applications. Organizations that count on radio data communications for operational success - where failure and down-time are not an option - trust FreeWave for custom network design, system engineering and customer support that is unparalleled in the market. For additional information, contact FreeWave directly at 866.399.4930 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit the company's website at www.freewave.com. Source: FreeWave Technologies, Inc. Web Site: http://www.freewave.com/