Signal Interface IC supports single and dual capacitive sensors.
Press Release Summary:
August 31, 2012 - Primarily intended for MEMS-based pressure sensor modules, 16-bit Model MAS6512 uses ratiometric AD-converter principle employing delta-sigma conversion technique. Resolution of ADC is 14-bits. IC includes internal temperature sensor, clock oscillator, and 256-bit EEPROM calibration memory. Available in 4 x 4 x 0.75 in. QFN-16 package as well as wafers or dies, unit operates from supply voltages of 1.8-3.6 V with current consumption of 1.9-28 ÂµA.
Original Press Release
MAS6512 - Capacitive Sensor Signal Interface IC
Press release date: August 23, 2012
The device uses a ratiometric AD-converter principle employing a delta-sigma conversion technique, giving very good noise performance. Its current consumption is extremely low (1.9 µA) and it can operate at low supply voltage from 1.8 V to 3.6 V which makes it an ideal solution for interfacing a capacitive sensor in power consumption critical portable applications.
The resolution of the ADC is 14-bits. The over sampling ratio (OSR) of the Delta-Sigma converter has five values to choose from for further optimization between conversion accuracy, speed and current consumption. MAS6512 capacitive sensor interface IC can interface both single and dual capacitance sensors. It has internal temperature sensor for temperature measurement and temperature compensation purposes. The MAS6512 communicates via a standard 2-wire I2C and 4-wire SPI bus interface.
· Single and Differential Capacitive Sensors
· Sensor Offset and Gain Adjustment
· Changing Capacitance Range 2pF...30pF
· Internal Offset Capacitance
· External Capacitance up to 40pF (or higher using external clock)
· Resolution 14 bit (OSR=4096, D
· Internal Clock Oscillator
· On Chip Temperature Sensor -40
· Low Voltage Operation 1.8 V...3.6 V
· Low Supply Current: 1.9 µA...28 µA
· Conversion Time 5.8ms...82.6ms (12Hz...173Hz)
· 16-bit RatiometricDS CDC
· Internal 256-bit EEPROM Calibration Memory
MAS6512 is available in a QFN-16 4x4x0.75 package as well as tested wafers or dies in waffle pack. For further information and samples please contact Micro Analog Systems Oy.