Stay up to date on industry news and trends, product announcements and the latest innovations.
Product News: Material Handling & Storage
Semiautomatic Wire Feeder comes with compatible welding gun.
Press Release Summary:
Jan 14, 2013 - Suitable for shipbuilding, offshore, construction, and pipe welding operations, Activ8™ is available in One-PakÂ® configuration that includes MagnumÂ® PRO Curve™ 300 gun and 15 ft cable. Feeder is designed for 8 in. spools and is compatible with any DC CV and/or CC power source. Rated at 330 A at 60% duty cycle, Active8™ feeds self-shielded FCAW or FCAW-G and GMAW gas-shielded wires at 50–800 ipm. It handles GMAW wires from .023–.052 in.Â dia and FCAW wires fromÂ .035–5/64 in. dia.
Original Press Release
Lincoln Electric's Activ8(TM) Semiautomatic Wire Feeder Now Available in One-Pak® Option
Press release date: Jan 10, 2013
Cleveland – Ideal for shipbuilding, offshore, construction or pipe welding operations, the Activ8™ portable wire feeder from Lincoln Electric is the smallest, lightest wire feeder on the market and is now available in a One-Pak® configuration that includes a Magnum® PRO Curve™ 300 gun. With the One-Pak®, welders can enjoy the convenience of receiving a wire feeder and gun matched for most applications in the shipbuilding, construction or pipeline industries.
The Activ8™ One-Pak® includes the following:
• Activ8™ Wire Feeder with internal contactor, gas solenoid, arc-sensing lead and clip [15 ft (4.5 m)] and a K1500-2 Gun Bushing.
• Magnum® PRO Curve™ 300 Gun with 15 ft (4.5 m) gun cable, 1/16 inch (1.6 mm) liner, and K466-10 Gun Connector Kit.
Key features of the Activ8™ include:
• Designed specifically for 8 in. (200 mm) spools.
• Compatible with any DC CV and/or CC power source.
• Simple controls include front WFS knob and internal-booted Cold Feed and/Gas Purges, Trigger Interlock and CV/CC switches.
• Across-the-arc operation (voltage sensing) uses a sense lead and contactor to enable weld current.
• Standard shielding gas apparatus can be used for FCAW-G and GMAW processes.
• Tough plastic case, molded from high-impact, flame-retardant material, is durable and lightweight enough to withstand repeated drop testing.
The portable wire feeder is capable of feeding self-shielded FCAW or FCAW-G and GMAW (MIG) gas-shielded wires at 50-800 IPM (1.3 – 20.3 m/min). It will handle GMAW wires .023 - .052 in. (0.6 – 1.3 mm) in diameter and FCAW wires of .035 – 5/64 in. (0.9 – 2.0 mm) in diameter. The Activ8™ is rated at 330 amps at 60 percent duty cycle and weighs in at only 27 lbs. (12.2 kg).
At the heart of the Activ8™ wire feeder is the MAXTRAC® Drive System, which features the following:
• Dual gear-driven drive system to ensure positive feeding performance.
• Patented wire drive with tool-less drive roller and wire guide changes for quick spool replacement.
• Tachometer-controlled motor to power drive rolls for smooth, steady feeding without wire slippage.
For more on Lincoln Electric’s Activ8™ wire feeder network, call (888) 355-3213 or visit www.lincolnelectric.com to obtain bulletin E8.61.
The Lincoln Electric Company, headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, is the world leader in the design, development and manufacture of arc welding products, robotic arc welding systems, fume control systems, plasma and oxyfuel cutting equipment and has a leading global position in the brazing and soldering alloys market.
Attn: Magazine Staff — Please send prospect lead inquiries only to Lincoln Electric c/o Ultimate Lead Systems, Inc., P.O. 739 Berea, OH 44017 or via email to email@example.com.
Greg Coleman – firstname.lastname@example.org or 216.383.2462