Product News: Sensors Monitors & Transducers
Real-Time Streaming Appliance supports 500+ simultaneous users.
Press Release Summary:
August 20, 2015 - Designed for multi-screen operators and Telcos that deploy IPTV and OTT, MultiStreamer™ II DIG/IP: TELCO accepts 2 SDI or HD-SDI inputs; encodes HD and SD streams; creates simultaneous high-, medium-, and low-bitrate IP streams; and sends them to content delivery networks (CDNs) and remote video capture devices. IP output is four 1080i/p streams, six 720p HD streams, or 16 SD streams, and features include onboard stream archiving (400 GB max), 4 GigE ports, 2 inputs, and 2 power supplies.
Original Press Release
DVEO Shipping Telco Version High Availability Real Time Live Streaming Encoder with Redundant Input and Output Ports, Stream Archiving, Logo Insertion, and Dual Power Supplies
Press release date: August 17, 2015
Supports 500+ Simultaneous HLS, DASH, and/or RTMP Users Natively
San Diego, California — DVEO, a strong supplier to Telcos, cable TV, IPTV and OTT operators around the world, is now shipping the newest addition to their product family of real time streaming appliances. DVEO will feature the high availability MultiStreamer™ II DIG/IP: TELCO at the International Broadcasting Convention (IBC), September 11-15, in Amsterdam, at stand 2.A34.
Designed for multi-screen operators and Telcos that deploy IPTV and OTT, the MultiStreamer II DIG/IP: TELCO ingests two SDI or HD-SDI inputs (from cameras, editing systems, or video servers). It encodes HD and SD streams at different resolutions, then creates multiple simultaneous high, medium, and low bitrate IP streams and sends them to content delivery networks (CDNs) and remote video capture devices. IP output is four 1080i/p streams, or six 720p HD streams, or sixteen SD streams. Each stream can have several proxies with different "wrappers" such as HLS, HTTP Smooth, DASH, RTMP, RTSP, or DLNA support.
"The MultiStreamer II DIG/IP: TELCO is the new high reliability version of our flagship cost effective origin encoder. It has now been repackaged for mission critical Telco applications," commented Laszlo Zoltan, Vice President of DVEO. "Over the last four years we have shipped over 2,000 units of the original MultiStreamer. Customers can now choose the original MultiStreamer or the high availability unit demanded by Telco customers."
The Linux® based system features built-in streaming support for 500+ simultaneous HLS, DASH, and/or RTMP users. It supports logo insertion and text overlay on outputs, and includes on board stream archiving for up to 400 GB. It can upconvert incoming SD streams to HD, and scale down. Other features include schedulable input, Variable Bit Rate (VBR) encoding, and support for Octoshape™ (now part of Akamai) and Verizon® upLynk.
The MultiStreamer II DIG/IP: TELCO features four GigE ports, two inputs, and dual power supplies. This provides both input and output port redundancy and redundant power supplies.
DVEO's DOZER™ Automated UDP Packet Recovery protocol can be added to the system to enable error-free video delivery over UDP. The DOZER ensures smooth MPEG-2 and H.264 delivery of SD and HD services through DVEO's patent pending algorithms for automated packet recovery and re-ordering of out-of-sequence packets.
Other options include a single HDMI input instead of SDI/HD-SDI inputs, additional storage capacity of up to 1 TB, and 4:2:2 with 10 bit color space support.
The MultiStreamer II is also available with other video input formats -- 8VSB, Analog, DVB-ASI, DVB-S+S2, DVB-S+S2 with decryption, DVB-T+T2, QAM, ISDB-T, or DVB-C.
Supplemental Information for Press Release
• Next generation version of our popular MultiStreamer™ encoder, with up to four 1080p streams out
• Inputs: Two SDI or HD-SDI inputs, and GigE IP port
• Optional single HDMI input instead of SDI/HD-SDI inputs
• Now includes stream archiving (400 GB)
• Outputs: Multiple simultaneous IP streams through GigE port (RJ45), SDI or HD-SDI video loop through
• IP output protocols: UDP, RTP, RTSP, RTMP (Open Flash), HTTP, with DLNA support
• Support for adaptive bitrate streaming protocols such as HTTP Live Streaming, Smooth Streaming, Adobe HTTP Dynamic Streaming, and MPEG-DASH
• Supports logo insertion and text overlay on outputs
• Able to upconvert incoming SD streams to HD, and scale down
• Tested with leading CDNs (Verizon®, Akamai®, Tulix™, Ustream®, etc.)
• Supports Octoshape™ and Verizon® upLynk natively
• Supports 500+ simultaneous adaptive bitrate streaming and/or RTMP users natively
• Supports H.264 High Profile @ Level 4.0 (HP@L4)
• Supports 1080i, 1080p, 720p, 576i, 480i, 480p, CIF, QCIF, qHD, H.264up and many others, and custom resolutions
• Expects embedded SDI audio
• Audio Output: AAC, Ogg Vorbis, MPEG-1 Layer II, optional MP3, and/or optional "SurCode for Dolby Digital" AC-3
• Support for Variable Bit Rate (VBR) encoding maximizes adaptive streaming video quality and bandwidth efficiency
• Tested to work with Atlas™, Wowza®, and Adobe® Flash® media servers
• Tested compatible with major brands of IP devices including Amino™, Roku®, Dune HD™, Telergy, Android™, and Apple iPad® and iPhone®
• Tested compatible with major brands of professional H.264 and MPEG-2 decoders and video servers
• Remote GUI includes some scheduling
• SNMP, REST or SOAP remote management
• Redundant (dual) power supplies
Suggested Retail Prices:
MultiStreamer II DIG/IP: TELCO: $5,995 U.S.
MultiStreamer II DIG/IP: TELCO+DOZER: $7,500 U.S.
DVEO, Atlas, DOZER, and MultiStreamer are trademarks of Computer Modules, Inc.
All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
DVEO, founded in 1982, is a privately held company headquartered in San Diego, California. DVEO sells digital video and high definition television (HDTV) products to the top television broadcast companies throughout the world.
For more information on DVEO, please contact Rebecca Gray at +1 (858) 613-1818 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To download DVEO's press releases and product images, visit the news section at www.dveo.com.
11409 West Bernardo Court
San Diego, California, 92127
phone: +1 (858) 613-1818
fax: +1 (858) 613-1815