Product News: Computer Hardware & Peripherals
Notebook Computer delivers up to 9 hr battery life.
Press Release Summary:
December 5, 2011 - Weighing 3.3 lb and measuring less than 18 mm thin, Ultrabook(TM) Folio 13 features 13.3 in diagonal HD display, Intel Rapid Start Technology, and is powered by Intel® Core(TM) processors. Notebook also integrates webcam and Dolby Advanced Audio. With 128 GB of storage, RJ-45 and USB 3.0 ports, it provides flexibility and reliability for mobile business users. Notebook can be configured with Microsoft Windows® 7 operating system and ImagePad feature provides multitouch gesture support.
Original Press Release
HP Unveils Its First Business Ultrabook, Offering Industry's Best Battery Life
Press release date: November 16, 2011
The HP Folio13 is expected to be available on Dec. 7 with a starting price of $899.99.(7) Additional information is available at www.hp.com/personal and http://shopping.hp.com/go/newfromhp. HP also introduced new HP ENVY and HP Pavilion dm4 notebook PCs. More information is available at www.hp.com/go/newsroom. About HP
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world's largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure at the convergence of the cloud and connectivity, creating seamless, secure, context-aware experiences for a connected world. More information about HP NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com. (1) Battery life will vary depending on the product model, configuration, loaded applications, features use, wireless functionality and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. Additional details are available at Mobile Mark07 battery benchmark: http://www.bapco.com/products/mobilemark2007. (2) HD content required to view HD images.
(3) Weight will vary depending on configuration.
(4) Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing on Intel architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers, and applications enabled for Intel 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on hardware and software configurations.
(5) For SSD drive, GB = 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 30GB of system disk is reserved for system recovery software.
(6) Folio13 with TPM chip planned to be available January 2012.
(7) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary. Ultrabook, Intel and Intel Core are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries. Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.