Product News: Welding Equipment & Supplies
Multi-Process Welder delivers 5-550 A.
Press Release Summary:
October 1, 2012 - With more than 65 standard welding waveforms, Power WaveÂ® S500 powers Stick, DC TIG, Pulsed DC TIG, MIG, Pulsed MIG, and Flux-Cored processes. Unit is rated 450 A, 36.5 V at 100% duty cycle and maximum 550 A, 41.5 V at 40% duty cycle. Integrated PowerConnect™ Technology automatically adjusts input power from 200–600 V, 50 or 60 Hz, single phase or 3–phase. With CheckPoint™ and Production Monitoring™ 2.2, personnel can view and analyze welding operational data from variety of devices.
Original Press Release
Lincoln Electric Adds New Power Wave® S500 to Advanced Process Welders Line
Press release date: September 27, 2012
Cleveland –The new Power Wave® S500 advanced process welder is packed with powerful Lincoln Electric performance technology for welding on thicker materials. With more than 65 standard welding waveforms designed to optimize arc performance for specific applications, this compact, multi-process power source is suited for a variety of industries, including construction, aerospace, fabrication, automotive and general production applications.
The Power Wave S500 easily powers Stick, DC TIG, Pulsed DC TIG, MIG, Pulsed MIG and Flux-Cored processes. Advance Waveform Control Technology® processes include Pulse-on-Pulse®, Power Mode®, RapidArc® and new Rapid X™. The machine is rated 450 amps, 36.5 volts at 100% duty cycle and a maximum 550 amps, 41.5 volts at 40% duty cycle, with an output range of 5 – 550 amps. This latest Power Wave model is IP23 rated to ensure rugged durability in harsh environments.
The Power Wave S500 features Lincoln Electric’s latest hardware and software enhancements, including:
• Tribrid™ Power Module provides exceptional welding performance with high power factor and efficiency.
• iARC™ (Intelligent Architecture for Regulation and Control) digital welding controls are more than 10 times faster than the previous generation, with 128 times more RAM and eight times more flash memory.
• Integrated PowerConnect™ Technology automatically adjusts input power from 200 – 600V, 50 or 60 Hz, single phase or three phase.
• CheckPoint™ and Production Monitoring™ 2.2 allows personnel to view and analyze welding operational data on almost any device – desktop, laptop, iPhone®, iPad®, Blackberry and others.
• Standard 115V (10A) AC Duplex Auxiliary Power Receptacle features patent-pending Surge Blocker™ Technology.
Additionally, a standard Ethernet connection can be used for welding waveform and firmware upgrades through www.powerwavesoftware.com.
Modular in design, the Power Wave S500 can be used with the optional STT® (Surface Tension Transfer®) Module or the Cool Arc® 55 water cooler module or transitioned into automated applications when used with the AutoDrive® 19 and AutoDrive® 19 Tandem controllers.
For more information on Lincoln Electric’s Power Wave S500, call (888) 355-3213 or visit www.lincolnelectric.com to obtain bulletin E5.115.
The Lincoln Electric Company, headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, is the world leader in the design, development and manufacture of arc welding products, robotic arc welding systems, fume control systems, plasma and oxyfuel cutting equipment and has a leading global position in the brazing and soldering alloys market.
Attn: Magazine Staff — Please send prospect lead inquiries only to Lincoln Electric c/o Ultimate Lead Systems, Inc., P.O. 739 Berea, OH 44017 or via email to email@example.com.
Greg Coleman – firstname.lastname@example.org or 216.383.2462