Product News: Communication Systems & Equipment
Hybrid VoIP/PTSN System maximizes uptime via built-in redundancy.
Press Release Summary:
February 10, 2014 - As stand-alone, pre-configured, out-of-the-box IP-PBX featuring CompletePBX™ distribution, Blue Steel features hot-swappable server-grade HDDs, hot-swappable 250 W power supplies, and built-in power for up toÂ 4 Astribanks. System supports various combinations of telephony ports, internally and via Astribank units connected via USB2: up to 960 PSTN/analog phones ports, up to 16 E1 R2/T1 CAS PRI ports, up to 1,000 users, and up to 550 concurrent SIP calls.
Original Press Release
VoIP Solution with Built-in Redundancy Released by Xorcom
Press release date: January 29, 2014
ITEXPO - Miami Beach, FL, U.S.A. – Xorcom, a privately-held manufacturer of business telephony interfaces and appliances, today announced that has released a new hybrid (VoIP + PSTN) telephony IP-PBX line for business. The Blue Steel product line is a stand-alone, pre-configured, out-of-the-box IP-PBX featuring Xorcom's CompletePBX™ distribution. It is designed for businesses that demand maximum uptime from their telephony system. Blue Steel features hot-swappable server-grade hard disk drives, hot-swappable power supplies, and built-in power for up to four Astribanks. It supports various combinations of telephony ports both internally and via Astribank units connected via USB2: up to 960 PSTN/analog phones ports, up to 16 E1 R2 / T1 CAS PRI ports, up to 1,000 users, and up to 550 concurrent SIP calls.
Built-in Redundancy Provides Maximum Uptime
Just like the other Xorcom IP-PBX models, Blue Steel is based on the Asterisk® open source platform to provide all the benefits of VoIP in addition to traditional telephony. On the hardware side it features:
• Two hot-swappable, 24 x 7 server grade hard drives, easily accessible from the front panel. It is possible to lock down the hard drives with a special key. Hard drive failure will generate email, buzzer and LCD screen notifications to the system administrator.
• Two, hot swappable, 250 watt, high reliability power supplies. A failure in one of the power supplies will not affect the system's performance, but will generate email, buzzer and LCD screen notifications as in the case of a faulty hard drive.
• he high reliability redundant power supplies can drive up to four full Astribank units with full redundancy.
• Server grade fans and a smart temperature control system to ensure maximum endurance and reliability.
• Blue Steel supports the Xorcom's TwinStar™ hot failover solution, the world's most cost-eﬀective full redundancy solution for IP PBXs, ensuring maximum business continuity.
"Businesses appreciate the benefits of VoIP with the streamlined efficiencies and resultant increased employee productivity it provides. The Asterisk platform is very cost-effective, making the technology affordable for small and medium-sized business", notes Eran Gal, CEO of Xorcom. "However, these customers are wary of solutions that are not proprietary; they are worried about hardware redundancy and uptime. The Blue Steel puts those worries to rest, providing the best of open source in a specially designed system that addresses the needs of telephony traffic and business uptime, while keeping the COGS investment to a minimum."
The Blue Steel product line is now available from Xorcom's worldwide channel of distribution partners. For more information, please stop by the Xorcom booth #707 at the IT EXPO, taking place at the Miami Beach Convention Center from January 29 through 31.
Founded in 2004 and privately-held, Xorcom designs and manufactures business telephony solutions that support both traditional and VoIP communication. Xorcom solutions are easy to install and maintain, and are cost-effective since there are no per user license fees. Various utilities provide backup and restore, immediate recovery, and a full redundancy solution for the entire PBX to maximize uptime. Xorcom's bundled solution for hospitality features the only MICROS-Fidelio certified Property Management System (PMS) interface for Asterisk. Xorcom sells its products via a worldwide distribution channel and OEM partners. For more information, visit: www.xorcom.com.
Tel: +972 (0)4 995-1972
Asterisk is a registered trademark of Digium, Inc. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.