Product News: Software
Data Center Monitoring Software determines carbon footprint.
Press Release Summary:
March 7, 2014 - Featuring real-world, automatic benchmarking data, Sensorium helps organizations understand data center carbon footprint by providing real-time insight into environmental performance of all components. Managers can monitor power consumption down to rack level and calculate cumulative KwH. Able to accurately track and monitor impact of new data center designs, automated solution, built on .net 4.5 framework, also shows how changes affect infrastructure.
Original Press Release
2BM Enhances Sensorium Environmental Monitoring Software
Press release date: February 26, 2014
2bm will be exhibiting at Data Centre World 2014 on Stand B50 and will be showcasing the Sensorium Environmental Monitoring Software as a key part of its product demonstration.
Sensorium enables data centre managers to monitor power consumption down to rack level and calculate cumulative KwH. The software accurately tracks and monitors the impact of new data centre designs and shows how any changes to the infrastructure.
Sensorium improvements include:
- Built on .net 4.5 framework: ensures 10 years' worth of forward and backward compatibility with Microsoft products;
- .net web services for Server Client real-time communications component: for true thin client functionality without the need to load additional components such as AcitveX or Macromedia Flash;
- Asset search: locate hardware using host or model names;
- Automatic hardware benchmarking: uses 'real world' historical metered data as opposed to test lab or plate value readings.
- Per-Cabinet regression analysis: uses 'real-world' historical data to predict the effect on the infrastructure of proposed population from the capacity planning functionality;
- Real-time graphs: In addition to the existing historical data graphs, real-time data logging is available at the touch of a button for data granularity of up to 15 seconds.
Jason Preston, Director of Innovation at 2bm, comments, "With Sensorium the days of the over-provisioning of IT equipment, low utilisation rates and dependencies on the national grid for energy transmission and distribution are a thing of the past. By accurately measuring a facility's power load, data centre managers finally have the ability to monitor the bigger picture and gain better understanding of data centre performance at component level.
Preston concludes, "DC managers are often put off by full DCIM rollouts as they can be complex and time-consuming. Sensorium is now more straightforward to implement and use and as a fully customisable, bespoke software solution it truly gives the environmental control back to the data centre manager."
For further information, please contact: