Receive industry and products news from the market categories that matter to you most.
Stay up to date on industry news and trends, product announcements and the latest innovations.
Product News: Computer Hardware & Peripherals
CompactPCI SBC supports Freescale 8-core P4080 processor.
Press Release Summary:
Jul 02, 2012 - Available in conduction- or air-cooled versions, 6U XCalibur1600 utilizes 8 Power Architecture e500mc cores running at up to 1.5 GHz, making it suitable for high-end military, communications, and industrial applications. Unit provides up to 16 GB DDR3-1333 ECC SDRAM in 2 channels, 512 MB NOR flash with redundancy, and 64 GB of CPU NAND flash. SBC provides 3 Gigabit Ethernet ports, x4 PCIe to XMC sites, up to 4 SATA 3.0 Gbps ports, 2 USB 2.0 ports, and 2 RS-232/422/485 serial ports.
Original Press Release
X-ES Introduces 6U CompactPCI SBC Targeting Freescale Eight-Core P4080 Processor
Press release date: Jun 19, 2012
The XCalibur1600 feature-set include:
· Conduction- or air-cooled 6U CompactPCI SBC
· Supports Freescale QorIQ P3, P4, and P5 processors
· Stock processor:
- Eight-core Freescale P4080 processor with eight PowerPC e500mc cores at up to 1.5 GHz
· Alternate processors configurations:
- P4040 processor with four PowerPC e500mc cores at up to 1.5 GHz
- P3041 processor with four PowerPC e500mc cores at up to 1.5 GHz
- P5010 processor with one 64-bit PowerPC e5500 core at up to 2 GHz
- P5020 processor with two 64-bit PowerPC e5500 cores at up to 2 GHz
· Up to 16 GB of DDR3-1333 ECC SDRAM in two channels
· Up to 512 MB of NOR flash (with redundancy)
· Up to 64 GB of CPU NAND flash
· Up to 128 GB of SATA NAND flash (optional)
· Three Gigabit Ethernet ports
· x4 PCI Express to XMC sites
· Up to four SATA 3.0 Gb/s ports
· Two USB 2.0 ports
· Two RS-232/422/485 serial ports
· XAUI to XMC site
· Two PrPMC/XMC interfaces
· In-house X-ES operating system support includes:
- Green Hills INTEGRITY Board Support Package (BSP)
- Wind River VxWorks BSP
- Linux BSP
The XCalibur1600 joins the X-ES Freescale P4080 line of products which also includes the XPedite5430, a 3U CompactPCI module, the XPedite5470, a 3U VPX SBC, and the XPedite5400 and the XPedite5401 PMC/XMC modules.
About X-ES - Extreme Engineering Solutions, Inc. (X-ES), a 100% U.S.A. based company, designs and builds single-board computers, I/O boards, power supplies, backplanes, chassis, and system-level solutions for embedded computing customers. X-ES offers cutting-edge performance and flexibility in design, plus an unparalleled level of customer support and service. For further information on X-ES products or services, please visit our website: www.xes-inc.com or call (608) 833-1155.
Data Sheet: www.xes-inc.com/assets/products/files/XCalibur1600-DS.pdf
All trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Don't miss the latest news!