Product News: Lubricants
Boron Nitride Aerosol utilizes non-flammable solvent.
Press Release Summary:
June 9, 2014 - Applied at room temperature, Boron Nitride Aerosol LubricoatÂ®-NF is based on Necosolv™ non-flammable solvent system with green Solstice™ HFO-1234-ze propellant. Once dry to touch, product can be used from cryogenic temperatures up to 1,000Â°C in air, 1,400Â°C in vacuum, and 1,800Â°C in inert/nitrogen atmospheres. Product provides non-stick release, is electrically insulating and thermally conducting, and is nonreactive/nonwetting with most molten metals, glasses, and slags.
Original Press Release
New Unique Boron Nitride Aerosol Lubricoat®-NF -- Nonflammable Solvent-Based Aerosol Spray
Press release date: June 5, 2014
• Utilizes NECOSOLV™ … the “patent-applied-for” Nonflammable Ecological Solvent system, which yields uniform aerosol spray until contents are emptied.
• Ideal for applications where flammable, solvent-based aerosol coatings are not desired.
• Easy to apply with its fast-drying nonflammable solvent which is nonhazardous and non-ozone-depleting (i.e., “green”).
• After applying at room temperature and becoming dry-to-the-touch, coating is ready to be placed into use … anywhere from cryogenic to over 1000 C in any environment and on most any substrate.
• Provides all the wonderful properties of Boron Nitride … superior release and lubrication; nonreactivity/nonwetting with molten metals, glasses, and slags; electrically insulating and thermally conducting.
• Developed using the best and most ecologically-friendly ingredients that yield nonflammability [no flame extension/flashback, using United States, Canadian, and European standards.
The specialty uses of this nonflammable aerosol-spray BN are almost unlimited … for researchers, engineers, scientists, designers, chemists, maintenance personnel in most every field.