Services protect IP networks by blocking spam and viruses.
May 2, 2008 -
Powered by Microsoft Exchange Hosted Services, SprintSecureSM Message Protection requires no hardware or software to be installed. Message Filtering protects inbound and outbound email from spam, viruses, phishing scams, and email policy violations, while Message Archive helps enterprise meet regulatory compliance, and Message Encryption preserves email confidentiality. Message Continuity provides ongoing access to email during and after unplanned outage.
(Archive News Story - Products mentioned in this Archive News Story may or may not be available from the manufacturer.)
|Original Press release |
Sprint Nextel Corporation
2001 Edmund Halley Drive
Reston, VA, 20191
SprintSecure(SM) Message Protection Helps Provide Peace of Mind for Businesses
- Collaborating with Microsoft, solution helps businesses protect IP network investments, easily integrate security services with reduced upfront investment, and address many information security challenges faced by IT managers
- Filtered an estimated 250 billion spam messages and viruses from the networks of more than 1 million Sprint users in the last 12 months
- Collaborating with Alcatel-Lucent, comprehensive laptop security solution also available, SprintSecure(SM) Laptop Guardian
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. - April 29, 2008 - Electronic messaging is important for businesses, but the continued proliferation of viruses, worms, denial-of-service attacks and spam makes effective message security and management increasingly difficult. Businesses have invested heavily in their IP and MPLS VPN networks and they need to protect it from such threats. Sprint (NYSE:S) offers a solution to help provide peace of mind for businesses by blocking spam and viruses before they ever reach the company's network. SprintSecure(SM) Message Protection, powered by Microsoft Exchange Hosted Services, is available for businesses of all sizes and now includes several enhancements to more robustly solve the challenges faced by IT managers.
"Sprint is a leader in helping businesses implement an IP-based infrastructure to support the convergence of data, voice and video over a single network, thus heightening the urgency to protect against electronic threats," said Mike Coffey, vice president of product management, Sprint. "SprintSecure Message Protection is critical to protecting this network investment. In addition to protecting more than a million business users with this service every day, Sprint uses it to protect our own world-class IP network. The service has blocked more than 250 billion spam messages and viruses for our customers in just the last 12 months . . . a significant impact that improves customers' productivity and efficiency of IP and MPLS VPN networks."
SprintSecure Message Protection requires no hardware or software to be installed thereby reducing the upfront costs to businesses. It is composed of four distinct services, including recent enhancements to two of the services -
- Message Filtering incorporates multiple filters to actively help protect businesses' inbound and outbound e-mail from spam, viruses, phishing scams and e-mail policy violations. The first 30 days are free.
- Recent enhancements to Message Filtering include a comprehensive offer with e-mail filtering both inbound and outbound, real-time reporting capabilities, message trace, streamlined user interface for the administrative center and integration with Exchange Server 2007 Safelist Aggregation.
- Message Archive is an advanced message archiving system for e-mail and instant messages that helps enterprises meet a variety of regulatory compliance and legal demands placed on their electronic communication systems.
- Recent enhancements to Message Archive include new pricing based per user (versus a monthly storage amount) providing a fixed cost structure and predictable costs to help with budgeting, and increased support for enterprise customers.
- Message Encryption helps preserve e-mail confidentiality by allowing users to send and receive encrypted e-mail directly from their desktops.
- Message Continuity is a business continuity solution that provides ongoing access to e-mail during and after unplanned outages through a security-enhanced and intuitive Web interface.
Sprint has worked through a strategic alliance with Microsoft to offer and continually enhance this solution. "Microsoft values its relationship with Sprint and their continued dedication to provide and extend the capabilities of Exchange Hosted Services," said Stephan Schirrecker, director for online services, Microsoft Corp. "By working together with Sprint, we are giving customers flexible options for protecting their messaging infrastructure - no matter their security requirements or technology expertise."
SprintSecure Message Protection is part of the SprintSecure comprehensive portfolio of mobility and converged security services that meets a variety of customer needs given today's complex and ever-changing environment. The newest addition to the portfolio is SprintSecure(SM) Laptop Guardian, introduced in 2007.
This innovative new service helps to solve the "mobile blind spot" of business customers. In collaboration with Alcatel-Lucent, SprintSecure Laptop Guardian is one of the first comprehensive laptop security solutions for businesses to help ease IT headaches and provide control over data maintained on end-user laptops. It enables 24/7 security through remote monitoring, location and locking if a laptop is lost or stolen, and simplifies security management since all capabilities are delivered over-the-air to the laptop anywhere on the nationwide Sprint Mobile Broadband network. Sprint and Alcatel-Lucent received a 3G CDMA Industry Achievement Award for Innovation in Wireless Enterprise Solutions Development for the service in 2007.
About Sprint Nextel
Sprint Nextel offers a comprehensive range of wireless and wireline communications services bringing the freedom of mobility to consumers, businesses and government users. Sprint Nextel is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including two robust wireless networks serving approximately 54 million customers at the end of 2007; industry-leading mobile data services; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. For more information, visit www.sprint.com.
The names of actual companies and product mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
CONTACT: Sprint Nextel
Stephanie Greenwood, 913-794-3658