Real Time Clock includes I2C bus and EEPROM.
October 21, 2010 -
Equipped with integrated 512 x 8-bit EEPROM configured in 16 bytes/page, Model ISL12029A tracks time with separate registers for hours, minutes, and seconds. Device also has calendar registers for date, month, year, and day of week. Available in SOIC and TSSOP packages, RoHS-compliant unit provides 2 non-volatile alarms, intelligent battery backup switching, on-chip oscillator compensation, and CPU Supervisor functions, including power-on reset, low voltage sense, and watchdog timer.
(Archive News Story - Products mentioned in this Archive News Story may or may not be available from the manufacturer.)
|Original Press release |
1001 Murphy Ranch Rd.
Milpitas, CA, 95035
ISL12029A Low Power Real Time Clock
The ISL12029 device is a low power real time clock with clock/calendar, power-fail indicator, clock output and crystal compensation, two periodic or polled alarms (open drain output), intelligent battery backup switching, CPU Supervisor, integrated 512x8-bit EEPROM configured in 16 bytes per page.
The oscillator uses an external, low-cost 32.768kHz crystal. The real-time clock tracks time with separate registers for hours, minutes and seconds. The device has calendar registers for date, month, year and day of the week. The calendar is accurate through 2099, with automatic leap year correction.
The ISL12029 and ISL12029A Power Control Settings are different. The ISL12029 uses the Legacy Mode Setting, and the ISL12029A uses the Standard Mode Setting. Applications that have VBAT > VDD will require only the ISL12029A.
o Real Time Clock/Calendar
- Tracks Time in Hours, Minutes and Seconds
- Day of the Week, Day, Month and Year
- 3 Selectable Frequency Outputs
o Two Non-Volatile Alarms
- Settable on the Second, Minute, Hour, Day of the Week, Day or Month
- Repeat Mode (periodic interrupts)
o Automatic Backup to Battery or SuperCap
- Power Failure Detection
- 800nA Battery Supply Current
o On-Chip Oscillator Compensation:
- Internal Feedback Resistor and Compensation Capacitors
- 64 Position Digitally Controlled Trim Capacitor
- 6 Digital Frequency Adjustment Settings to Ī30ppm
o 512x8 Bits of EEPROM
- 16-Byte Page Write Mode (32 total pages)
- 8 Modes of BlockLock(TM) Protection
- Single Byte Write Capability
- Data Retention: 50 years
- Endurance: >2,000,000 Cycles Per Byte
o CPU Supervisor Functions
- Power-On Reset, Low Voltage Sense
- Watchdog Timer (0.25s, 0.75s, 1.5s)
o I2C Interface
- 400kHz Data Transfer Rate
o 14 Ld SOIC and 14 Ld TSSOP Packages
o Pb-Free (RoHS Compliant)