Product News: Computer Hardware & Peripherals, Controls & Controllers
Programmable Module migrates BASIC programs to ControlLogix.
Press Release Summary:
January 15, 2004 - BASIC programmable module for ControlLogix platform enables users to migrate BASIC programs from 1771-DB and 1746-BAS modules to ControlLogix. It features single-slot backplane-compatibility for ControlLogix platform, lets users add BASIC programming with DH-485 and DF1 function calls, and allows users to write programs for specialized applications. BASIC programs are stored in MVI56-BAS Compact Flash disk; up to 24064 bytes of RAM memory are available.
Original Press Release
ProSoft Technology, Inc. Introduces BASIC Programmable Module for ControlLogix
Press release date: October 1, 2003
Migrate proven, reliable BASIC programs from 1771-DB and 1746-BAS modules to ControlLogix and run them at dramatically higher speeds.
BAKERSFIELD, Calif., October 1, 2003
ProSoft Technology, Inc. introduces a new BASIC programmable module for Allen-Bradley's ControlLogix platform (MVI56-BAS). Now you can migrate proven, reliable BASIC programs from 1771-DB and 1746-BAS modules to ControlLogix. ProSoft's BASIC module also features:
· Single-slot, backplane-compatibility for the ControlLogix platform
· Add BASIC programming with DH-485 and DF1 function calls
· Allows the user to write programs for specialized applications
· Saves ControlLogix processor memory by running math algorithms
· Supports BASIC-52 programming language, allowing the user to easily develop, edit, run and debug BASIC programs
The BASIC module contains three ports:
· DH-485: Allows access to DH-485 compatible devices using an Allen-Bradley AIC+ module (user-supplied)
· Port 1: ASCII serial communication or program port
· Port 2: Capability to configure Port 2 for DF1 communication using BASIC programming
The BASIC programs are stored in the MVI56-BAS Compact Flash disk allowing the user to easily backup the BASIC programs to another Compact Flash disk or to a local PC. Up to 24064 bytes of RAM memory are available.
Example application for the MVI56-BAS module include:
· SCADA system
· Foreign device data concentrator
· Bar code scanners
· Weigh scale interface
· Legacy BASIC protocol connections
As with all ProSoft products, the MVI56-BAS comes with a one-year warranty and unlimited technical support. Sales are available worldwide; contact your automation equipment distributor or ProSoft Technology.
For additional information about ProSoft Technology and its products, visit http://www.prosoft-technology.com
For more information please call or email:
Mariana Campbell ProSoft Technology 1675 Chester Avenue 4th Floor Bakersfield, CA 93301 Phone: 661-7165100 x 212 Fax: 661-7165101 Email: email@example.com